Christmas

It was Christmas day, the day of the ball. The air around the castle filled with excitement and happiness. Throughout the halls chatter arose, people exchanging gifts and smiles resting on everyone's faces, not a single frown in sight. Asura had loves all of her gifts this year, it was obvious the amount of thought went into each and every one of them. She was even surprised to see that she had gotten a present from tom, a rather expensive looking tiara that looked stunning. Lined in gems that glittered in the light and left everyone speechless. Today was a very good day for everyone, she had made sure that every single one of her friends got thoroughly spoiled and seeing everyone face light up as they saw their gifts brought a feeling of content and happiness that filled her entire body and stayed for the rest of the day.

At 5 o'clock, asura and brook returned to their dorm after spending the entire day in the Gryffindor common room with harry and his friends, it was nice to see the look of carefree on harry's face for the first time probably this year.

However, now it was time to get ready for the ball. Excitement rising in both girls as they got more and more ready and 8 o'clock came closer.

By the time that 8 o'clock came both the girls were looking absolutely flawless. They got stares, everyone turning their heads to look at the simply breathtaking girls as they walked past.

Brook dressed in a baby blue gown that complemented everything flawlessly. A laced up top half and a skirt which just fell around her effortlessly, gems adorned the dress making her shine.

Asura thought she was just perfect.

Asura thought she complemented her best friend perfectly in her white dress. Her glittery top half and a silk skirt which flowed so nicely that asura couldn't help but fall in love with it.

Together the girls looked like the best looking partners ever, asura swears she felt jealousy coming from some of the girls but she really couldn't care less.

Then Professor McGonagall's voice called, "Champions over here, please!"

Professor McGonagall, who was wearing dress robes of red tartan and had arranged a rather ugly wreath of thistles around the brim other hat, told them to wait on one side of the doors while everyone else went inside; they were to enter the Great Hall in procession when the rest of the students had sat down. Fleur Delacour and Roger Davies stationed themselves nearest the doors; Davies looked so stunned by his good fortune in having Fleur for a partner that he could hardly take his eyes off her. Asura and brook stood behind them, arms linked and smiles on their faces, this is what the needed, a little bit of happiness in such a dark time.

"Have you seen who Hermione is with," brook whispered excitedly.

"Yesss, im so happy for her, especially after the torment she's gone through the past few weeks, she deserves to go with krum"

"I love its they look cute"

Both girls giggled but then quickly composed themselves.

Once everyone else was settled in the Hall, Professor McGonagall told the champions and their partners to get in line in pairs and to follow her. They did so, and everyone in the Great Hall applauded as they entered and started walking up toward a large round table at the top of the Hall, where the judges were sitting.

The walls of the Hall had all been covered in sparkling silver frost, with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe and ivy crossing the starry black ceiling. The House tables had vanished; instead, there were about a hundred smaller, lantern-lit ones, each seating about a dozen people.

Dumbledore smiled happily as the champions approached the top table, but Karkaroff wore a sour expression as he watched Krum and Hermione draw nearer. Ludo Bagman, tonight in robes of bright purple with large yellow stars, was clapping as enthusiastically as any of the students; and Madame Maxime, who had changed her usual uniform of black satin for a flowing gown of lavender silk, was applauding them politely. The fifth seat at the table was occupied by Percy Weasley.

There was no food as yet on the glittering golden plates, but small menus were lying in front of each of them. Asura assumed you just had to say what you wanted, the being proven correct when dumbledore looked carefully down at his own menu, then said very clearly to his plate, "Pork chops!"

And pork chops appeared. Getting the idea, the rest of the table placed their orders with their plates too. 

When all the food had been consumed, Dumbledore stood up and asked the students to do the same. Then, with a wave of his wand, all the tables zoomed back along the walls leaving the floor clear, and then he conjured a raised platform into existence along the right wall. A set of drums, several guitars, a lute, a cello, and some bagpipes were set upon it.

The Weird Sisters now trooped up onto the stage to wildly enthusiastic applause; they were all extremely hairy and dressed in black robes that had been artfully ripped and torn.

Asura looked at brook at took her hand, ready to take the first dance. They knew that all eyes were on them, they knew to make a statement, they've both been learning to dance for they're entire lives, they moved around the dance floor with complicated steps catching the attention of everyone, people whispering about them but neither girl could care less.

Soon other students began to join it so the attention wasn't all on the champions anymore. Neville and Ginny were dancing nearby - she could see Ginny wincing frequently as Neville trod on her feet - and Dumbledore was waltzing with Madame Maxime. He was so dwarfed by her that the top of his pointed hat barely tickled her chin; however, she moved very gracefully for a woman so large. Mad-Eye Moody was doing an extremely ungainly two-step with Professor Sinistra, who was nervously avoiding his wooden leg.

Asura heard the final, quavering note from the bagpipe. The Weird Sisters stopped playing, applause filled the hall once more. The fun had only just begun.
The Weird Sisters struck up a new song, which was much faster.

They spent the rest of the night dancing away, chatting with anyone and everyone and for once not feeling the weight of the entire world upon their shoulders.

When the Weird Sisters finished playing at midnight, everyone gave them a last, loud round of applause and started to wend their way into the entrance hall. Many people were expressing the wish that the ball could have gone on longer.