The Yule Ball

The first task went well in Asura's opinion, she had fought a blueish-grey Swedish Short-Snout and came out with very little injuries. She tied first place with Harry. The boy that she is more than proud of, he's taking everything so well and showing a somewhat smarter and mature side to him. The boy needs a medal or something like that.

He had been through hell and back. Everything with Ron and my mum passing away. It must be so difficult for the poor boy. His best friend not being there for him, like sure he had Hermione but she can only do so much. With her amount of academics, she barely has the amount of empathy that Harry really needs right now. I've tried to talk to him but he just seems so shut off from everything.

Asura, on the other hand, had no idea what she was feeling. She was distraught about her mother, she was an extraordinary woman and Asura loved her more than she has ever loved her parent. She didn't even know how she died, they simply wouldn't tell her. She sincerely hoped it had nothing to do with Tommy, she had no idea what to think about him these days.

She attempted to write to him but she could never find the right words to say. He was beyond evil and all Asura could do was blame herself for it. She was the one to leave him in the first place, it wasn't her choice though. It's quite clear Tommy understands this but she still blamed herself.

For the moment though, Asura decided to just focus on the special golden egg that she got from her dragon. All she had figured out was the fact that it squeaked whenever you opened it. It was a deafening shriek, Asura swore she still had a headache.

"You know what else shrieks like that?" Brook said out of nowhere, as if reading her mind, "mermaids"

--------------

Asura and brook quickly rushed down to the potions room, just remembering that everyone above fourth year was asked to meet there with Severus. They had yet to find out why. The duo took it upon themselves to guess.

"Maybe he's coming out as a girl"

"Aaaa, I could see that, something about the hair."

They walked into the room.

"Now that Brooklyn and Asura have officially decided to join us -The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish -"

Whispers echoed around the room in excitement. Everyone turned around to look at specific people. Asura even noticed a couple of people glancing at her, making her roll her eyes. She eventually made eye contact with brook...

Oh...

Oh no...

"Dress robes will be worn," Severus continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. You're all dismissed."

Chatter rose between all the students, each wondering who to ask or who would go with who. Asura walked through the crowd of whispers and managed to here her name within the mix. Of course, they'd be wondering who she would ask. She had never shown any romantic interest in anybody. She may of had her own reasons for that but they would never understand. How are you supposed to explain to someone that you fell in love with your best friends son who doesn't even exist yet? Not something that comes up in everyday conversation.

Asura thought about the ball and who to go with. It was obvious to her that she had to make a statement with her date, someone that no one would expect. She was Asure, she had to make it big. Unexpected. Give people something to talk about.

She thought back to the announcement, she remembered meeting the eyes of her uncharacteristically timid friend, she had an idea. It was like a light bulb moment in a cartoon. She would go with brook. A girl and a girl? Unexpected. She smiled to herself.

Later on, she had asked brook to go on a walk with her around the castle grounds, to help clear both of their heads and talk about their worries to one another.

They reached a particular window that Asura knew brook was particularly fond of and they came to a stop.

Brook looked up at her with curious eyes, she was oddly quiet today.

"Brook, I would love if you would allow me to take you to the yule ball. Would you like to go with me?"