Marauders Map

"You're saying that this is for me?" The boy a look of disbelief.

"I told you that you will get a new one, i told you that i never lie."

Harry just simply shook his head and smiled at the girl in front of him. He lept into a hug, almost crushing her bones but neither cared.
------------

"We got to give it to him, " Asura said with finality.

"Of course, it's in his legacy, " agreed Brook.

It was then that the two girls noticed Harry Potter coming round the corner.

"Psst -- Harry!"

They quickly caught Harry's attention from their position behind a statue of a humpbacked, one-eyed witch.

"What are you doing?" said Harry curiously. "How come you're not going to Hogsmeade?"

"We've come to give you a bit of festive cheer before we go," said Brook, with a mysterious wink. "Come in here. . . "

He nodded toward an empty classroom to the left of the one-eyed statue. He followed Brook and Asura inside. Asura closed the door quietly and then turned, beaming, to look at Harry.

"Early Christmas present for our favourite child," she said.

Brook pulled something from inside her green, Slytherin cloak with a flourish and laid it on one of the desks. It was a large, square, very worn piece of parchment with nothing written on it. Harry, suspecting it to be a joke, stared at it.

"What's that supposed to be?"

"This, Hazza, is the secret of our success," said Asura, patting the parchment fondly.

"It's a wrench, giving it to you," said Brook, "but we decided last night, your need's greater than ours. "

"Anyway, we know it by heart," said Asura. "We bequeath it to you. We don't really need it anymore, it's almost out last year. "

"And what do I need with a bit of old parchment?" said Harry.

"A bit of old parchment!" said Brook, closing her eyes with a grimace as though Harry had mortally offended her. "Explain, Asura, for the love of God. "

"Well. . . when we were in our first year, H -- young, carefree, and innocent --"

Harry snorted.

"Well, more innocent than we are now -- we got into a spot of bother with Filch. "

"What a surprise, " Harry mumbled, rolling his eyes

"Don't be a rude child. We let off a Dungbomb in the corridor and it upset him for some reason --"

"So he hauled us off to his office and started threatening us with the usual --"

"-- detention --"

"-- disembowelment --"

"-- and we couldn't help noticing a drawer in one of his filing cabinets marked Confiscated and Highly Dangerous. "

"Don't tell me --" said Harry, starting to grin.

"Well, what would you've done?" said Brook. "Asura caused a diversion by dropping another Dungbomb, I whipped the drawer open and grabbed -- this. "

"It's not as bad as it sounds, you know," said Asura. "We don't reckon Filch ever found out how to work it. He probably suspected what it was, though, or he wouldn't have confiscated it. "

"And you know how to work it?"

"Oh yes," said Brook, smirking. "This little beauty's taught us more than all the teachers in this school. "

"You're winding me up," said Harry, looking at the ragged old bit of parchment.

"Oh, are we?" said Asura, "we've never done that in our entire lives, have we Brook?"

"Never, " she said as she took out her wand, touched the parchment lightly, and said, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. "

And at once, thin ink lines began to spread like a spider's web from the point that Brooks's wand had touched. They joined each other, they crisscrossed, they fanned into every corner of the parchment; then words began to blossom across the top, great, curly green words, that proclaimed:

Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs
Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers
are proud to present
THE MARAUDER'S MAP

"It's your legacy, Harry. This is yours."

"W-what?"

"The names, Harry, the people who created to map."

"Wormtail was a man called Peter Pettigrew -"

"Moony is professor Lupin-"

"Prongs is your dad-"

"And Padfoot is Sirius Black."