reminisce

The second task went by just as smoothly as the first. Asura finds ease in these challenges, a slight comfort knowing the decision she has ahead of her. One she's not even confident she can complete, for the sake of the entire wizarding world she really hopes so. Her friend is becoming more of a force to be reckoned with yet she is still able to force the utmost loyalty to him.

She will get Harry to that cup, even if it's the last thing she does. The thought saddens her deeply. Silently mourning the loss of the boy she had come extremely close to, forming a bond with him. Feeling like she had known this boy throughout every single life she led. In a way, she thinks she has. Whether through relatives or simply different versions of him, older or younger, Asura knew that this was her fate.

She ponders back centuries, there are moments in her life where she feels like she's been around since the dawn of time, never remembering where she came from. Of course, she is ancient, she is a Pheonix after all, born from the ashes. She's everything. Made from her surroundings. She feels like it is finally time to leave.

Asura is fully aware of her ability to make this decision, made very clear by her creator, seeing as she is no act of nature. Her being purely intentional. Another wizard simply tests the extent that their power can reach. It's what asura didn't get about any wizard that she met. Not one of them had tried to seek out their potential. Test their limits. Truly felt their magic around them and familiarise themselves with the gift that had been bestowed upon them through no accident. Each wizard made was entirely purposeful.

Who gave them power, Asura does not know, she often hopes she would be able to find out the truth once her plan has been effectively put into place. The thought rises the familiar feeling of anxiety, these emotions that remind the girl that she is still part human, a true burden. Sometimes she pitties everyone in her surroundings for being the mere mortals that they are.

It's why she loves tom as much as she does. No one has ever understood her feelings towards immortality. Although, his intentions are not pure because why have power when you are only mortal. He understood her reasoning when they confided in each other on a certain night. She casts her mind back.

Asura threw her head back in a fit of giggles as she sat comfortably next to someone she would gladly call her best friend.

They hadn't known each other for long. Asura being the Hufflepuff with too much pride in toms opinion. Loud mouthed but with wit beyond his understanding. Testing his intelligence in the most infuriating way. This is why he kept her close initially. He knew of her power and wisdom, deemed it useful to his cause. Then as they got closer, Tom got more vulnerable although he would never admit it.

He never wanted to let this girl go.

'Elizabeth,' for this is the name that he knew her as she was never one for keeping identities,' how do you feel about immortality?'

Asura looked up at him with a strange expression, although no signs of tension was in her words when she said, 'why do you ask?'

'I have been thinking lately'

'Now that's a surprise'

Tom scowled at the girl, even though she is unaffected by his cruel expressions, instead, she finds joy.

'No, as I was saying, I want power'

Asura kept silent.

'I want to be the very best in everything I do. I want my name to go down in history, Elizabeth, and ill do anything to get there. I don't want fear, even if it's the side effect of my actions,' this was made clear by the cowering expressions of all passers-by,' I just want power.'

'Power is a fickle thing, Tommy,' Asura said with that knowing look she always seems to have.

'I would never hurt you.'

'I know, Tommy, it's not me im worried about.'

'Elizabeth, I love you'

Asura quickly pulled herself out of her own thoughts, it does not do well to reminisce too much. As shown through the build-up of tears in her eyes.

However did it get to this? What happened to the ease of life?

Asura stood up from her little alcove, composing herself to the best of her abilities and walked on down the hall toward where she knew Harry would be.

She stood still as she watched the boy from a distance. Laughing with his friends in a carefree way that made Asura feel slight twinges of jealousy.

A tear began to fall down her face but all Asura was able to do was stand there. Dreading the day of the 24th of June.