Hogwarts.....Again

The girl appeared again except this time in front of a train. She walked into people as they passed by, some sneering but some just smiling. A look of nervousness adorned her face. Despite the familiar place, she didn't know anyone.

She had been travelling these past years and is now transferring to Hogwarts. She has to stay in school so she does not raise alarm in the ministry, they can't know about her "condition". Under no circumstances.

Nyx stepped onto the train, immediately looking for a compartment. She found an almost empty one, the only exception being a boy with brown hair and honey eyes. He seemed to be too caught up in his book to notice her presence.

She decided to sit here. She hauled her luggage up to the shelf and sat down. She soon realized she had nothing to do.

"Hi," she timidly mumbled. She wasn't very good at this.

The boy looked startled as he didn't realise her at all.

"Hi," he said unsure of the girl in front of him.

"My names Nyx, and you are?" She was gaining some confidence now.

"Remus Lupin"

She nodded and realised the nightmare that is small talk is painful.

"What year are you in? sorry if I'm being invasive, I'm new."

"I'm in 5th year. Don't worry I've dealt with much worse. You haven't met my friends yet."

"You make them sound horrendous."

As soon as she said that two boys walked into the compartment, only to stop and stare at her in curiosity.

"Hi, I'm Nyx, I'm new. Sorry if I'm invading anything," she explained once she came to the conclusion that neither of the boys was going to say anything.

"It's alright love, m'names Sirius Black. A pleasure to meet you." Nyx giggled at this, he's almost as charming as tom once was, before he became dark.

The one with glasses introduced himself as 'James Potter'. They both seemed rather nice.

She then realised Sirius' last name, Black.

" umm, you don't know anyone called Regulus, do you?" Regulus was her pen pal over the summer, they had met at a park. He was getting away from his parents.

Sirius looked confused.

"Yeah, he's my brother," Sirius answered, it sounded more like a question though.

"Cool"

But there was something that Nyx was hiding, a big secret that she vowed to never tell. The only people with the knowledge of her "condition" was her friend Tom Riddle. You see, Nyx and Tom had been friends back when tom was at school, they met fourth year. She had met all his friends and knew of his plans. How they met was a complete mystery, for Nyx hasn't attended Hogwarts since the early 17th century.

"How do you know my dear little brother then?" Sirius asked with the utmost confusion.

Nyx froze, he can't know. She made a promise to Regulus.

"We're going to be in an arranged marriage," she said quickly.

She immediately scolded herself, how could she be so stupid. Arranged marriages were a pureblood thing.

Sirius' eyes narrowed on her, and he suddenly became cold towards her.

"So you're one of those people, are you? Pureblood, Slytherin and only care about position and money. The who is better than who" stated Sirius on a judgemental tone.

'Oh sweet Merlin', Nyx thought," you've really done it now"

During this encounter, the other three boys turned to look at her. James looking at her with the same expression as Sirius and the other two looked at her with sympathy. She noticed that the third boy never introduced himself, he just sat there.

Another realisation was that these boys were oddly familiar. Nyx realized why. In her last life, she had been born in 2004. She lived opposite from a very peculiar house, the house itself was normal it was just the people inside. The house was called Potter Manor. There lived a boy that she came to love called James Sirius Potter, son of Harry Potter. She has to say that the boy currently sat in front of her looked very alike to her past love. Nyx had pretended to be a muggle in the last life and never found out what was so great about Harry Potter.

The feeling of dread settled when she came to the realisation that the boy in front of her was her loves grandfather or the father of the man who she loved like a father. That also means that Sirius, the boy who had seemed to have lost interest her, is the godfather, the one that was talked about so fondly. And lastly, a feeling of sadness when she realized that they all will dir soon. Remus Lupin, the father of the boy she loved like a brother, died in battle. Sirius Black, the one she had always wanted to meet, died protecting what he loved and finally, James Potter, died so young, trying to save his family.

Slowly, Nyx started to realise the tears cascading down her face at the thought of her past life. None the boys seemed to notice, each caught up in their own little thing. She decided to stand up and go for a walk around the train.

The train got to the station five minutes after Nyx left the station. She quickly transfigured her clothes into robes and got off the train.

She became semi-automatic as she was walking to the carriages. Lost in thought as she realised what was happening.

When she reached the castle, she was still out of her mind. She just started walking until she came face to face with a rather old woman.

"You are miss Valentine, correct?" Asked the woman.

Nyx nodded

"Professor Dumbledore said that you will be sorted with the first years. if you would please follow me."

Nyx again nodded, thinking back to Albus.

Soon they reached the great hall, Nyx reminiscing fondly on the memory of this being built. She and Godric were such good friends.

As she walked in there was silence, everyone had turned to look at her with deep confusion on their faces, after all, Hogwarts didn't get new students.

The woman kindly guided her to a stool and her dear old friend, the sorting hat.

She sat down and the hat was placed on her head.

'Ahh, hello Achlys or should i say Nyx.' began the sorting hat

'Hello old friend, nice to talk to you again, haven't seen you in a while' thought fondly, becoming calmer.

'What is it you're here for? I'm assuming you would like to be sorted for what i believe is the 195th time.' The sorting hat said, chuckling.

'What else would i be doing? Sort me, hun.' She thought, smiling.

"Hufflepuff!" Shouted the hat and off she went.

Over at the Gryffindor table, a certain group of boys looked oddly confused. They had completely misread this girl and assumed she was a death eater. Despite her very close friendship with tom, she swore she would never do that.