Fallout Lore: Prologue - Great War

*Rhodes Island*

"I can't believe this, and here I thought you would actually get some work done. But sadly all I'm seeing right now is a "Doctor" who is taking an extended break to watch some old videos." Kal'tsit glaring at the Doctor who was shaky underneath his desk.

"I-it's not an old video! I found this thing outside of the base just north-west from here. Kal'tsit while it may seems like an ordinary monitor like everything else in the base, I promise you that this thing isn't ours. It may help us on how to find a cure for the Oripathy infections." Doctor said

Kal'tsit wasn't buying this one bit, but Amiya who was standing beside the Doctor speaks out. "If I may, Ms. Kal'tsit, p-perhaps give Doctor a chance on this one? We have little progress on finding the cure, so maybe it would be best on seeing this monitor for information valuable for our cause?"

Kal'tsit look at Amiya at some disbelief, but after sighing from having to deal with the Doctor's laid back antics, plus little progress on finding the cure. She suppose having a small amount of break away from work, will help her stress a little.

"Fine. But I'll be watching this monitor with you two. I could use a small break every now and then." She heads over and grab a nearby chair and sit closer to Doctor, Amiya sigh in relief before sitting down as well.

Doctor hits play onto the monitor, and the screen show up.

The discovery of the atomic bomb in the 1940s has given humanity a question the FALLOUT series has strived to answer. If ever there would come a day when mankind possessed the capacity to destroy himself, what would come of us? Some predict that's where our story will end, but what if it was only another bloody chapter of human history? You've experienced the FALLOUT series in your own way, but want to learn more about its story. Well- to get to the heart of the story- you have to go back to the beginning...

"Okay... so it's not information about Oripathy, but I'm strangely curious about story so far." Doctor muse his interest and wants to learn more.

"I'll admit I am rather curious as well. Terra's history detailing on how everything was before Oripathy started." Kal'tsit said while looking at the screen.

Change comes to all nations...

In the early twentieth century the great powers of the old world thought that their rule would never end. The Czars of Russia met their downfall at the hands of a bloody revolution. Western Europe fought a great war against fascists who sought to build a reich that would last a thousand years. It crumbled in less than a decade. The Japanese believed their Imperial rule was eternal, yet they were the first to have their pride seared away by atomic fire.

"Nothing new there, there has been few time that some of the races here on Terra has fought in wars... including That time..." Kal'tsit mutters while remembering her late friend, Amiya understood while looking down.

"War... war never changes." Doctor for whatever reasons spoke those words, he doesn't what it means but he knew something will happen to them in the near future...

The United States of America emerged as the world's great power by the nineteen fifties. Vast nuclear arsenals ensured that open warfare was a thing of the past, and soon after, America entered a cold war with their enemies. It was a long uneasy peace – a perpetual status quo as though the world were freeze dried and sealed in a vault for a century.

Those wandering the wasteland today might find it hard to believe that only two hundred years ago the richest nation in the world existed here. No deathclaws, no super mutants, no ghouls...