Fallout Lore: Ch 11 - Ulysses' Divide

There were some mighty inhospitable places in this world even before the war. Deserts that could sear the life from a man as fast as any radioactive crater, rivers so polluted they'd catch fire, and lawless lands ruled by brutal fanatics. It was bad enough place that some people even looked forward to the apocalypse; a chance for humanity to start over and build a new society that was worthy of its people's loyalty.

There were some folk who are proud to wear the flags of the new societies that have appeared in the aftermath. The Brotherhood, the Enclave, New California Republic - even some slaves in the Legion who are proud of the bull symbol embroidered on their clothes. But the flags of the old world are still out there for travelers who care to look. The red, white and blue, and the stars and stripes appear all over the Mojave. They're a code. A message for someone. Can't say who they're for, but the man who made the marks isn't shy about making his presence known.

 Can't say who they're for, but the man who made the marks isn't shy about making his presence known

Doctor stares at the symbol on the concrete wall, those marks are quite unusual to him. He never seen this type of symbol anywhere on Terra.

"Now that I think about it, the NCR, Brotherhood, Enclave, and Legion all has their own individual flags. To represent their factions and allegiance to their leader, and society that is built around them." Plume spoke as she faintly remembers the flags from NCR and Legion.

"Flagbearers are hardly common in our world, there are those who wore flags to showed the world who they belonged to. Though, those types are fairly rare to find." Kal'tsit said as given to her past experience she has come across other flagbearers before.

"But someone is leaving marks behind for some reason. A message, I can't say who is it for." Amiya wonders why would anyone leaving their symbol behind for others.

He traveled throughout the Mojave as a messenger of the Mojave Express out of Primm, concealing his role as of Caesar's Frumentarii. He calls himself Ulysses. That's a name from the old Roman times, and one that belonged to a general who fought in one of America's most bitter wars; Ulysses Grant. The Mojave's Ulysses named himself after this general, a hero who united two nations under a single flag. America's flag on his back is a symbol of his dedication.

That is just one example of his beliefs. Ulysses is a man who respects symbols. He spent his life trying to find one that he could be proud to wear. It began with the tribe he was born into, the Twisted Hairs. They wore their hair in braids to symbolize their life and achievements, and Ulysses has honored that tradition throughout his life, even after the tribe was assimilated by Caesar's Legion.

 They wore their hair in braids to symbolize their life and achievements, and Ulysses has honored that tradition throughout his life, even after the tribe was assimilated by Caesar's Legion