Chapter 17: Sera & Blyke vs Her Father

*Three weeks have passed*

Karma POV:

Karma looked at the group. She was satisfied. In her brief period of training with these kids, she had unlocked so many of their talents.

Now all she wanted was to put her work to the test.

She approved several expeditions as vigilantes this past week.

Not only had their missions been a resounding success, but they had taken down several EMBER agents and captured a truck full of amps and dampeners.

If they could reverse engineer the dampeners and weaponize them the authorities would have a very large problem on their hands. 

Blyke POV: It was a humid summer night, he could hear the sound of Cicadas screeching and a few people were outside, enjoying the outside without the blistering heat of the day. But he had more important things to focus on, Karma informed him that a low tier was murdered viciously by being burned alive. Only a god-tier would even be capable of doing such damage. And so, Blyke went out with the objective of stopping whoever killed the low tier. He was now a level 6.8 and could handle himself.

These past few days, everyone had been hunting for that pyromaniac but had limited success. 

 He was out on patrol with Seraphina that night, Remi wanted to train some more with Evie and Isen, and John and Mark were out on a patrol of their own, hunting a similar lead. 

And thus, he was with Sera. On top of a rooftop high above the city, waiting for something exciting to happen.

Just when he was getting bored and considering calling it a night, he saw a large blast of flames shoot up into the sky and screams from a nearby alleyway. 

Blyke looked at Sera who nodded and they both sprung into action.

Blyke used a new aspect of his ability he had recently unlocked, using his aura channels, he was able to shoot energy out of any area of his body, now allowing him to fly 

Seraphina just got there the old fashioned way

She had an ego like that

Blyke was the first at the scene, he saw a large building on fire. 

Dashing in it to find any survivors what he saw shocked him.

He saw a tall man in a gas mask which covered his face, in a red suit with flames surrounding him. Behind him was a speaker playing screams.

It was a trap! EMBER had made a setup to catch them

Blyke was alone and with Sera a minute or so behind him, he had no choice but to face the man in the mask alone.

The man turned to face Blyke and took a step back before composing himself.

"Vigilante. Accept your fate and I will make your demise fast and easy" stated the man in a voice which was clearly being hidden with a machine.

"Go f*ck yourself." Blyke stated plainly

The man surrounded by flames readied into a fighting stance and Blyke launched 10 beams from each of his fingers, a new trick he picked up from John. 

100 beams came flying towards the fire guy and he just took them head on.

His suit appeared to take some damage but he didn't.

The man nodded and spoke up "My name is Heatwave. You should know the name of the man who will kill you"

Blyke spat on the floor and readied his next attack.