8 | rivalry

hey besties, how have you been? decided to do an early update :) also thank you guys so much for 500+ reads already! <33

- - -

Y/n felt relieved to be back to school after the two day break from school given to the students from 1-A to recover from the villain attack. She was too overwhelmed at home - her parents were mad with worry over her, even though she kept insisting she was fine, and her brother wouldn't stop asking her questions about her experience in fighting villains and witnessing All Might fight from up close. All in all, she didn't mind when she had to wake up early for school that day.

The class was as loud as ever when she arrived and making her way to her seat. Bakugo was there already, being the only other person who'd already sat down. He seemed deep in his thoughts, but Y/n decided to disturb that. ''Hey, Bakugo, who do you think is going to be our homeroom teacher now?''

''How am I supposed to know that, Speedy?'' Bakugo, surprisingly, answered. The door opened and the two looked up, along with everyone else in the classroom. A heavily bandaged Aizawa entered the classroom. The students weren't sure how exactly he was seeing, since he had bandages around his eyes, too.

''Morning.''

''MR. AIZAWA, YOU'RE BACK SO SOON?'' most of the class yelled in shock.

''You're too much of a pro!'' Kaminari yelled.

Iida's hand flew in the air. ''So, you're alright, Mr Aizawa?''

''Can you really call that alright?'' asked Uraraka.

Aizawa walked to the front of the classroom. ''My well-being doesn't matter,'' Aizawa said. ''More importantly, the fight isn't over yet.''

The class' breaths hitched.

''The UA Sports Festival is drawing near.''

''THAT'S A SUPER NORMAL SCHOOL EVENT!''

Y/n was almost jumping out of her seat from exitement at the news, her Quirk activating. ''Oh God, I'm excited! Are you excited? Of course you are, who wouldn't! I wanna win so bad! Do you wanna win? Of course you wanna win!''

Bakugo stared at the hyper girl, his eyebrows furrowed. Y/n turned to him when she felt him looking, her words halting.

''Wait a minute-'' Kaminari shut Kirishima up.

''Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck in?'' asked Jirou.

''What if they attack again or something . . .?'' asked Oijiro.

''Apperantly, they think of it as UA showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock holding the event,'' Aizawa explained. ''Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years.''

''Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be canceled because of a few villains.'' Aizawa added.

''But that's a good reason, isn't it?'' asked Mineta. ''It's just a festival of sports.''

''Have you never seen the UA sports festival?'' Y/n spoke.

''Of course I have! That's not what I meant!''

''Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events,'' Aizawa explained. ''In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports and the whole country was crazy about it. As you know, with reduction in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the UA sports festival.''