49 | quirk erasure bullets

She couldn't help it. Her foot bounced rapidly under the table. She wasn't chewing her food enough before she swallowed, causing her to choke — she coughed in her elbow twice before she felt a hand slapping her back.

''Idiot, you're not in a race, eat slower,'' Bakugo grunted, though Y/n simply gave him a thumbs up as the food finally moved to the right pipe and she managed to swallow. With her sleeve, she wiped the tears that had gathered at the corners of her eyes.

''Thanks,'' she said, then grabbed her fork again, though she didn't rush to eat.

The cafeteria was bursting with students chatting and enjoying their lunch. Y/n and Bakugo shared a table with their usual group consisting of Kirishima, Mina, Kaminari and Sero. Y/n, however, hadn't been as present in the conversation as usual.

''What's wrong with you?'' Mina asked, then her eyes narrowed at Kirishima. ''You, too, for that matter. You've been weird since you went to your internships.''

Taking one look at Kirishima, Y/n noticed that he, too, must've not been feeling like talking. ''It's nothing. I'm just tired.''

''Yeah, me too,'' Kirishima said, taking another bite of his food before speaking with his mouth full. ''Fat Gum really put us to work on the weekend.''

We can't tell them about the operation. We can't even talk about it among ourselves. That sucked, because they couldn't even try to come up with tactics to help Eri and stop Kai Chisaki.

She felt a bump in her knee, making her look to the left. The others had gone back to a different conversation topic, but Bakugo's eyes were narrowed at her. He didn't believe them, of course he didn't. He would definitely ask later. She wanted to sigh.

And she was right. When they got back to the dorms, Bakugo walked behind Y/n wordlessly until they reached her dorm. She unlocked the door and even let walk in first. He stood in the middle of the room as she went to put her bag down next to her desk.

The moment she heard him take a breath, Y/n spoke without facing him. ''Don't even ask, I can't tell you anything.''

''Come on, now! It's about a big ass mission, isn't it?'' Bakugo said as Y/n moved to remove her jewelry and put it back in place.

''I have been instructed not to talk. If anything, you know too much already,'' Y/n said as she finally turned to face him, a teasing smile on her face. ''Since when are you so nosy, Katsuki?''

''Tch, I'm not. Forget it,'' Bakugo said as he stomped out of the room, slamming the door after himself. Mere seconds later, the door opened again and Bakugo poked his head in, a scowl on his face. ''I'll be back in fifteen minutes to study. Don't think I forgot about your Math.''

Y/n snorted.

It wasn't until two days later when they received a message. It was late already and Y/n had already been in her pajamas, watching a show on her laptop, but the moment the message came, she quickly got up, put her blue slippers on and made her way to the common area — Kirishima and Uraraka were already there, Midoriya and Tsuyu joining right after.

''Got the message?!''

''Yeah . . .''

Uraraka opened her phone and everyone else followed along. Y/n's eyes widened. ''The date was set.''

The date came. She'd told Bakugo not to wait for her as she had to go to her work study, at which she'd earned another scowl, but she couldn't bother with his moods at the moment. She packed her costume and she, along with Kirishima, Tsuyu, Midoriya and Uraraka made their way to Nightwing's agency.