48 | shie hassaikai

caught up to bnha today and oh boy what's happening in the manga

———

She yawned as she left her room. Her uniform tie was a little crooked, but she could fix it later. Kirishima was on his phone in the common room when she arrived, sitting on one of the tables. Todoroki sat with him as he quietly ate his breakfast, while Bakugo sat alone on another table, looking anywhere but at the two other boys.

''Good morning,'' Y/n said as she walked over to the kitchen area, getting a few greetings back. She poured herself some cereal, then doused it in milk, then decided to join Bakugo on his table.

''Mornin', Speedy,'' Bakugo said as he continued eating his breakfast — it looked much healthier than Y/n's. Boiled eggs, fruits, avocado toast. He always has to be extra, even with his breakfast.

''Morning,'' Y/n said as she checked out his clothes. ''You have that provisional license course?''

''Yeah.'' Bakugo grumbled. Both he and Todoroki were in their school uniforms, their suits packed away in their cases next to the door, along with their bags. Y/n noticed Bakugo's things were pulled further from the door and Todoroki's things, making her snort. ''What're you laughing at?''

''At how antisocial you are.''

''Shove off. I'm being social right now,'' Bakugo said as he took a bite from his toast. He swallowed before he spoke again. ''What're you gonna do today?''

''I got called to a meeting with Miruko.'' It took Bakugo frowning for Y/n to realize what she'd just said. ''Sorry. Salt in the wound.''

''Don't worry about it,'' Bakugo said, his eyes opening almost as if a spark had been lit. ''Just wait and see, I'll be out there in no time and all those extras will bite my dust!''

His loudness caught the attention of the other two, though Y/n just rolled her eyes. ''You're too determined for seven in the morning. On a weekend.''

''That's how you become number one.''

Y/n chuckled and continued with her cereal while Bakugo went on a tangent about how he would be the best soon enough. Such an only child. Someone needs to humble him.

Still. Y/n was glad to see him back to his normal self without them fighting. They haven't really talked about his apology and what had followed after, but there was no need to. Not at the moment, anyway, as their relationship was pretty self-explanatory.

Of course she expected Bakugo to actually ask her out at some point, but they had a lot on their plates right now. She could wait. Of course she could wait.

''Bakugo, we have to go,'' Todoroki said suddenly.

Bakugo clicked his tongue. ''I know, Icy-Hot. Go get your stuff, I'm not waitin' for ya.''

Bakugo got up to put his dishes away, so Y/n took her cup and moved to sit with Kirishima. When Bakugo came back and passed her, Y/n grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, almost making him stumble — something she never thought she'd see from Bakugo.

''Let me know how it goes?'' Y/n asked as her eyes met Bakugo's.

''Sure.'' He said. He didn't move until Y/n let go of his wrist, which made her chest tighten just a little bit.

''I'm glad to see you two made up,'' Kirishima said once Bakugo and Todoroki had left. ''He was really miserable when you were refusing to talk to him. Well, as miserable as Bakugo can be, I guess.''

''Yeah, I'm glad we made up, too.'' Y/n said, though she couldn't help but wonder just how miserable Bakugo must've been for Kirishima, or anyone, really, to notice. Y/n looked at Kirishima, then furrowed her eyebrows as she realized he, too, was wearing his uniform. ''Why're you up so early, anyway?''