24 | examination

Bakugo twisted and turned in his bed, not being able to sleep. It was already midnight - he hasn't been awake at that time in a long time. He'd been in bed for good few hours now, yet he couldn't even blink. His mind still wandering back to the hug. The way they embraced felt so intimate to Bakugo. Was it because he was affection-starved and he hadn't experienced that in a while? Or was it because it was her that was hugging him?

He sighed and took his phone from the nightstand, unplugging it from the charger. Opening his chats, he noticed the last person he'd texted was Y/n, though she wasn't online. Next one was Kirishima, who had a green dot next to his name.

You:
Hey Shitty Hair. Are you awake?

Shitty Hair:
yeah
what's up

You:
I've been feeling weird lately.

Shitty Hair:
weird?
like how

You:
Don't you dare anyone about this alright
I'm trusting you with this so you better not betray me Shark Teeth

Shitty Hair:
of course not

You:
Ok so
I've been feeling weird around Speedy recently
Like a good weird
This sounds gross
Anyway thing is it's been nice to hang out with her
And it didn't feel gross when she hugged me

Shitty Hair:
SHE HUGGED YOU??
damn bro
are you falling for her or something?

Bakugo stopped, staring at the words and fingers hovering over the keyboard. Is Kirishima implying that he likes her? Does he?

You:
I don't know
Is it fucking weird if I am?
You know what this is fucking stupid
Forget I ever said anything
And no word to anyone alright?

With that he turned his phone off and put it back on his night stand, plugging back the charger. He heard his phone ding a few times, but he knew it was Kirishima, so he ignored him.

Maybe he did like her, but then what?

Fuck.

- - -

The written exams were split in three days - three agonizing days, acoriding to some people, though Y/n didn't find them that hard. Maybe Bakugo's teaching was paying off.

''Pencil's down, everybody. The last person in each roll, collect the answers and bring them here.''

Y/n put her blue pencil down, passing her sheet with answers to Todoroki when he passed by her desk, then leaned back in her chair and relaxed.

''Hey, Y/n, how'd it go?'' Kirishima asked and she turned around to face his desk.

''I feel pretty confident about it, actually,'' Y/n admitted.

''Well, of course you'd do,'' Bakugo piped in. ''I tutored you, what'd you expect.''

''That's very humble of you to say, Bakugo,'' Y/n said. ''But thanks, I think I would've fucked up the maths exam if it weren't for you.''

''Yeah, whatever, no problem,'' Bakugo said and crossed his arms, looking out the window.

- - -

The practical exam was to be held at the Central Plaza. Each student was clad in their hero costume and stood facing the pack of teachers.

''Now, we'll begin the practical exam,'' Aizawa said. ''Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes.''