43 | the sleepover

A loud alarm rang and Y/n groaned at the annoying sound, burrowing her face in the pillow, trying her best to ignore it. She felt warm and cozy and didn't want to move for at least a few centuries. The bed shifted and suddenly the alarm was off, then an arm wrapped around her waist. Slowly, she started remembering what had happened the night before and she started blinking her eyes open, realizing she wasn't snuggling into her pillow, but rather Bakugo's black shirt.

''Oh my—'' she quickly pulled back, but couldn't move too far due to Bakugo's arms around her. ''Uh, good morning?''

''Mornin', Speedy.'' Bakugo's voice was low and raspy, and Y/n felt her cheeks flush. Her head was laying on one of his arms, while his other one was still wrapped around her. His eyes were still closed as the rays of sunshine peaked in the room - the sudden realization hit her that she had school soon.

''Hey, uh, Bakugo . . .?''

''You're literally sleeping in my bed, might as well call me by my first name.''

Y/n felt her whole body burning at his remark. Her mouth hung open for a moment, unsure of what to say. ''I . . . Katsuki . . . uh, we should probably get up, I have to go to school.''

''Fine.'' Bakugo removed his hand from around her waist and rolled on his back, his arm over his eyes. ''Thanks for staying.'' His words were almost mumbled, but Y/n heard them and smiled slightly.

''Of course. I'll see you later, yeah?''

Y/n left the room. She closed the door behind herself and leaned on it, feeling a smile creep on her face as her cheeks heated up. She'd just shared a bed with Bakugo - they've slept in the same room before, but not like that. The thought made her whole body feel warm.

''Y/n?''

She looked up from her feet and to her right, seeing Kirishima, who's eyebrow was quirked. Y/n once. Kirishima blinked once. Y/n blinked again. Kirishima blinked. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. Kirishima's eyes widened.

''Did you—''

''Not a word about this, Kirishima.'' The boy shut up as quick as he'd opened his mouth, nodding in understanding. Y/n gave him a smile before turning around and walking away, back towards her room.

After getting ready, she made her way downstairs to walk to school with Mina. As she entered the living room, she heard her classmates talking.

''Idiots!''

''Nonsense!''

''Are you two stupid?''

''The stupidest for sure.''

Y/n chuckled as she entered the kitchen area to grab a fruit to eat on the way, then making her way to Mina's side. The girl simply greeted her before retuning to pestering Bakugo and Midoriya, who were tasked with cleaning the whole dormitory. For a moment, Y/n's eyes met Bakugo's - she gave him a smile and he simply looked back down at his vacuum cleaner. She didn't take it personally, he's had a rough week.

''Did you know about this?'' asked Mina as the two finally started making their way towards the school.

''Yeah, I—''

''Of course she knew, she came out of his room in the morning!''

Mina's eyes widened as she looked at Kirishima, who'd fallen in step with the two girls. Y/n's eyes widened, too, though not in surprise.

''I fucking told you not to tell anyone!'' Y/n hit the back of his head, filled with embarrassment. Kirishima groaned, rubbing the sore spot.

''You slept with him?'' Mina asked quieter than Y/n expected; maybe her friend was finally learning how to keep secrets, unlike some other people who Y/n was not going to name.

''Not exactly,'' Y/n said, turning back to Mina, trying to ignore Kirishima's interested gaze. Y/n told them what had happened the night before, from overhearing Bakugo, Midoriya and the teachers up to falling asleep in Bakugo's bed.

''Aww, that's adorable!'' Mina gushed as if it'd happened to her. ''Bakugo's such a softie for you, isn't he?''

''Shut up.'' Y/n felt her cheeks warming up again. ''It's not like we're together or anything.''

''He confessed to you, what are you on about?'' asked Kirishima, causing Y/n to wonder how he even knew that. ''Bakugo doesn't confess to people. He'll just brood and move on. He must really like you to actually tell you that. Besides, you literally slept in his bed.''

''Well, yes, but we haven't made anything official,'' Y/n said, shrugging.

''Do you really need to make things official? You guess seem fine like that as well.''

Mina was right. Y/n didn't need an official confirmation that she was Bakugo's girlfriend and vise versa. But she also didn't want to jump in conclusions, didn't want to get on Bakugo's bad side just because she assumed something.

After all, she was a pessimist.

An assembly for the whole school was called and Iida was yelling around the hallway as the class made their way to the courtyard. Y/n was wondering what it would be about when an annoyingly familiar voice broke her out of her thoughts.

''Hey, Class A, I heard the news!'' Monoma stood leaning on a bunch of lockers, manically laughing at the class. ''Two of you! I heard two of you failed the licensing exam!''

''Monoma from Class B! You're just as charming as ever!''

''Wait! Don't tell me.'' Kirishima put a hand on his chin, thinking. ''Were you the only one to fail in your class again?'' Y/n couldn't help but snort from next to Kirishima.

Monoma simply started hysterically laughing again before turning around and walking back towards his class.

''Not gonna answer?''

Once he reached his class, Monoma turned around dramatically. ''Every single one of us passed. The tables are turning, Class A.''

''Sorry, you guys,'' Todoroki suddenly spoke, causing Kirishima to turn around in panic.

''Hey, he's the one making a contest out of this. Don't sweat it.''

''Yeah, Todoroki, Monoma's a moron in general, don't listen to him.''

''Y/n!''