you need her after a bad day

You slammed the car door as you got inside. You ran your fingers through your hair with a groan. It felt like your day had dragged on and on.

You counted down the hours until it ended, hoping you'd feel relieved that it was over. But you still felt a weight on your chest as every little terrible thing about your day continued to linger in your mind.

The only thing that has gotten you through the day is knowing that you get to go home to Soyeon.

It brought you immense comfort to know that you get to go home to her, that you get to be wrapped in her warm embrace and she'll do whatever she can to brighten up your day - because that's just how she is.

You had a short drive home, but you've missed Soyeon so much and you're so desperate to feel her comfort that you wanted to hear her voice before you drove there.

You pulled out your phone and pressed your phone to your ear as you began to call her. You waited impatiently for her to answer and finally, she did on the very last ring.

"Y/N?"

You sighed in relief over the sound of her voice.

"Soyeon," you spoke softly. "I'll be on my way home in just a minute. Even though it won't be long until I'm home to see you, I really needed to hear your voice before I left."

"What happened, baby?"

"I had a really bad day." You sniffled. "It was bad. Everything about it. I can't wait to get home to you."

"Oh, baby," she paused. "I'm not home yet. I'm still stuck in the studio."

"Oh..." you whispered quietly, obviously saddened by that.

"But I won't be long. I don't have much more to get done,"

"Soyeon, don't worry about it." You said as you took a deep breath. "You're a busy woman, I understand that. Don't rush through things just because of me. I'll see you when you get home."

"Okay." She sighed. "I love you. I won't be much longer, I promise."

"I love you too."

It was all you said before you ended the call. You drove home, trying to clear your mind of all the worries and stresses you had. But it was a lot easier said than done.

Soon enough, you walked through the front door. The weight on your chest lifted slightly as the warmth of your shared home with Soyeon rushed over you.

But it didn't last long. You noticed Soyeon's absence instantly. She wasn't there to pull you in for a hug or speak words of comfort.

You dragged your feet up the stairs and took off your shoes before throwing them aside and putting your things on the floor. After that, you collapsed onto the bed with a heavy sigh and closed your tired eyes.

You tried hard to open them again. You wanted to find a way to relieve your stress and occupy yourself until Soyeon got home.

But you were too tired to open your eyes and you quickly fell asleep.

You didn't wake up until you felt something warm being pulled over you. You managed to open your eyes and when you did, you saw Soyeon standing beside you.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Yeah." You sighed and stretched out. "What time is it?"

"It's only been about an hour since you got off the phone with me. So, it's not late."

"Oh."  You said and sat up against the pillows with a yawn.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get home sooner and that I wasn't here when you got home. I know you really needed me but there's so much going on and this is the soonest I could get home,"

"Soyeon," you interrupted with a smile. "Don't worry. It's okay. I completely understand. I just had a horrible day."

"And you needed me. I'm here now." She said as she sat down next to you and took your hand into hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Anything you want to do? What can make you feel better?"

"Can we start with a hug? I really need one."

She didn't say a word. She simply pulled you right into her arms and brushed her hand along your back in comfort.

"Better yet?"

"Much better."

She chuckled and went to pull away, only for you to say,

"Hey, what are you doing? I'm not done yet."

She giggled and held you a little tighter.

"Okay. I'm not going anywhere, baby." She said and kissed your head softly. "How about we order takeout from your favorite spot? Maybe watch your favorite film?"

"And cuddle?"

"Happily." She said as she pulled away, brushing her nose against yours and her heart melted when she saw you smile.

Your day's already so much better. All thanks to Soyeon; as always.