she yells at you in front of the girls when she's overwhelmed (requested)

The knock at the studio door caught the attention of the girls as they wrote some lyrics and recorded some new songs.

"I'll get it," Minnie said as she got up from her chair and walked to the door.

She opened it and saw you standing there, making a smile pull at her lips.

"Hi, Y/N!" She happily said before hugging you tight. "Soyeon, look who's here."

Soyeon lifted her gaze from her lyrics and saw you before looking back down at her work.

No words, no smiles - nothing.

Minnie closed the door as you walked in and made your way over to Soyeon.

"Baby? How are you doing?" You asked as you put your hands on her shoulders.

"Fine." She mumbled.

You looked over at Yuqi, who shook her head at you.

She's the one who texted you to come here because the girls have taken necessary breaks during this long day, just a few minutes here and there to get food or destress.

But your girlfriend has not done any of that.

She's sat in this chair all day long and has been pressuring herself to get these lyrics and songs done.

"Soyeon, baby, how about you take a short break? Let's go get some food."

"No," Soyeon said. "I can't."

You sighed before kissing the back of her neck softly.

"You need a break. Yuqi says you haven't moved all day. You've just been stressing and working nonstop for several hours. This isn't healthy, Soyeon."

Shuhua watched as Soyeon rolled her eyes but since you hadn't seen it, she decided not to say anything and make things more heated.

"I think a break would do you a little good. Just a half an hour or an hour, baby."

"No!" She yelled as she turned to look at you.

Finally, she was looking at you, but you weren't happy that she was looking at you with that look on her face.

"You don't get it! You never get it, Y/N! I have to get these songs done so we can put out the new album soon. I have deadlines and I can't just take breaks whenever you want me to! Just go away!"

You took a deep breath and shook your head.

Soyeon has never yelled at you before so this was very unlike her and you had the feeling that she wasn't doing it to take things out on you or hurt your feelings.

You know her better than anyone does and you can tell from the look in her eyes that she's overwhelmed.

"Girls, can I speak to Soyeon alone? Please?" You asked.

"Of course," Miyeon said as she and the girls all left the studio, closing the door behind them.

You sat down in a chair across from her and then moved it so you were sitting right in front of her.

"Soyeon, what's going on?"

She put her things down as she started to tear up, the guilt of yelling at you already rushing over her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you."

"It's okay, we can talk about that more later. It's very unlike you to do that. I can tell you're overwhelmed. What's the matter, baby?"

"I'm just stressed out. Every comeback we have, I try to work even harder to make it even better than the last one. But it's hard because we're under so much pressure and I push myself so hard, too hard sometimes."

You put your hand on her knee and squeezed it gently.

"I haven't been sleeping much so I'm exhausted. I'm trying to get everything done before the deadline approaches but it's just a couple of weeks away. And... I miss you. We haven't had much time together because of how busy I've been and it's just really hard."

"I know, baby. That's why you need a break." You said. "You just need a little time to relax and focus on something besides work."

"I know." She mumbled.

"But you need to remember a couple of things, Soyeon. One is that you're never alone. You know the other girls are here to help. All you have to do is tell them."

She smiled slightly as she nodded.

"And secondly, your fans love you and the girls more than anything. They'll love whatever you put out. They wouldn't want you to push yourself this hard."

"I know you're right. I just get caught up in my thoughts and feelings sometimes."

"It's understandable. You're human, baby, it happens. But you can take a break to eat and rest. That way, you're not making things harder or worse for yourself... and you're not so snappy with your girlfriend who just loves you."

She smiled again but this time a little brighter.

"Okay. You know what? It's after ten-thirty. Let's go home for the night and the girls and I can start fresh tomorrow morning."

"And you'll be okay?" You asked and watched her nod before leaning forward to steal a kiss from your lips.

"I have you. I'll always be okay." She happily said as she kissed you again.

But your kiss was interrupted by the girls walking inside.

"I see everything is okay now?" Yuqi asked hopefully.

"Yeah, all good. I think we should all call it a night and do more tomorrow. I think I might need a little more help than I like to ask for sometimes."

"Anything. We're always here for you, Soyeon." Minnie promised.

"And thank you Yuqi, for texting Y/N to come here. I needed her and I feel much better now."

"I knew you would." Yuqi smiled. "Anytime."

You hugged the girls as Soyeon grabbed her things before she grabbed your hand as you all left the studio for the night, everything much better now.