Part 1 - Meeting her

Rose's pov

"Mum who's next on the list?" She typically had a list of kids she had to take care of, and also make them listen and obey rules. I only went to a couple of them because I can be quite rude at some points. "I have the Brown family, they are very naughty kids" I was smiling I loved challenges and the Browns family would be a big one. "Well mother you know I love a little challenge so may I come with you on this one?" "Of course you can come, but whatever discussions you make it's all up to you." My smile got bigger and I hugged her so tight that I didn't think she could breathe.

"Well then mother there is no point in waiting, let's go" When we got there we were greeted by a man of the name Cedric Brown. "Good evening Mr.Brown. I am Nanny McPhee, and this is my daughter Rose" He kept looking back and forth between my mother and me. I understood we didn't look alike but don't make it look so clear. "May we come in?" I asked him "yes, of course, you can, come on in" The moment I stepped into the house it was loud, then mother started asking Cedric questions to see if they listen to him.

"What are your concerns?"

"What do you mean concerns?"

"Do the kids go to bed when they're told? Do they wake up when there told? Do they get dressed when there told? Do they say please and thank you?" She said it all so fast that Cedric couldn't answer "Well Rose I think it's time we go introduce ourselves to the kids"

"I should just check to see if everything is clean", "no need we shall introduce ourselves, you may go back to your newspaper Mr.Brown" mother said. When we entered the kitchen all the kids were doing their only things. "Oh look the doors open and there's no one there," a boy with sandy blonde hair said. "I'm here I'm Nanny McPhee and this is my daughter Rose", "Did you guys hear something?" "I didn't" "That's because there's no one there". I just rolled my eyes as my mother knew what I was about to say.

"Now listen to this you are to go to bed immediately". But they didn't listen they kept doing what they were doing. "Hey I just got an idea how about we stay up all night long in the kitchen?" He had a smirk on his face as he said that, all the kids that were there just agreed to what he said. Mother hit her stick on the floor and I told them to say please. At first, they didn't but then as their actions got faster and the baby was gonna get thrown into the pot, they all started saying it.

"Please"

"Please"

"Please"

"Please"

"Please"

"Simon say please!!"

"I never say please" Then finally when we were about to leave he said it "Please, Nanny McPhee please". She hit her stick on the ground one more time and they all stopped and stayed quiet. "Now you are to go to bed and me and my mother will be up momentarily" As they all walked up they didn't even want to look at us, but the oldest gave me a stare and I did the same back to him.

——————

Simons pov

The door opened but we all pretended that no one was there, we were told to go to bed but we didn't listen. Instead of yelling at us, she hit a stick on the floor and everything that we were doing was going much faster. "Say please," the young girl said. Everyone else's said it but me. "Simon say please!!" I didn't want to, "I never say please!!" Then just when they were about to leave I started shouting, "Please, Nanny McPhee please!". The woman hit her stick one more time and we all stopped.

The girl next to Nanny McPhee showed no emotions, and Nanny McPhee could tell I was staring. "Excuse my daughter she can be mean at some points, but she might warm up to you" at some points? She looks mean right now!? We all walked upstairs I was the last I gave the girl a death stare but I don't think she took it as one.

When we got upstairs everyone was getting ready for bed, "What are you doing?" They all looked at me. "We're getting ready for bed because we were told to". "May I remind you we have gotten rid of 17 nannies, we're getting rid of this one too, and her daughter" God how much I hated her daughter, she never showed emotions as if she was some sort of robot. They walked into the room and everyone got in bed. "You both are at such a disadvantage" They just looked at me. "How so?" I looked at Rose and said "Well we know your names but you don't know ours"

"Pleasure to meet you I'm Oglington Fartwothy" everyone started laughing but Nanny McPhee and y/n. Rose shook my hand and said, " Pleasure to meet you Mr. Fartworthy". I sat there just shocked that she and Nanny McPhee were at the front of the door. "Rose mind saying goodnight to all the kids?" "Of course mother".

"Goodnight Aggie, good night Chrissie, good night Sebastian, good night Lily, good night Eric, good night Tora, and good night Simon.

——————

Rose pov

After I said good night to everyone I turned the lights off and left the room, "Good night Mr. Brown, Good night Mrs. Brown"

Of course, I knew they weren't together but I thought they would make a wonderful pair. "Oh honey we aren't together I'm their maid, you can call me Evangeline, it was wonderful meeting you see you in the morning". I nodded the went upstairs to my mother. "Mum do you ever hope that Evangeline and Mr. Brown would get together one day?" "Well of course I think that they should, but one can only hope" I nodded once more than put my pyjamas on and went to bed.

1039 words