Part 10 - The necklace

Roses pov

Once Evangeline and I got to our new home we were given new clothes to wear (dress shown above) we both had to wear matching dresses not that I'm complaining. "Alright I want you both to go wash up and get ready for dinner, it will be done soon. The servents will show you both to your rooms." and with that, she left. "Alright, ladies let's get you to your rooms.", we were both taken to the rooms, we washed up and changed in better dresses for dinner, as well as the rest of the day.

", we were both taken to the rooms, we washed up and changed in better dresses for dinner, as well as the rest of the day

Rose in the blue dress, Evangeline in the light grey dress, and Great Aunt Adelaide stitch in the middle

Evangeline and I sat at the dinner table while Great Aunt Adelaide stitch was across from us. "I hope you both are comfortable now, we will start lessons tomorrow at 8:00 am sharp." Evangeline and I looked at each other and said "Alright then" at the same time, we both giggled, and Great Aunt Adelaide Stitch looked at us and smiled. "Well I'm glad you both are smiling, let's start eating while the food is still hot.".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 week later 

Simons pov

I missed Rose I haven't left my room in the last week, I kept Rose's necklace on all the time not wanting to take it off, for it is the only thing I have left of her. "Simon, why don't you come out of the room and eat dinner with us?" Tora asked. "Yeah, I miss my brother," Lily said, everyone else agreed. "I don't want to leave, I didn't get a chance to say that I love her back, nor could I say goodbye?! How am I supposed to feel okay when Rose isn't here to tell me that it going to be alright." I felt angry because Rose left without saying anything and didn't see if I was okay with it. "Simon there is a letter for you!!" father yelled from downstairs. I ran downstairs hoping it was from Rose, but I didn't know why Rose would write to me because I didn't write to her first. To my surprise, it was from Rose. I didn't know why she was writing to me because I didn't write to her first when I opened the letter, a pressed flower came out.

 I didn't know why she was writing to me because I didn't write to her first when I opened the letter, a pressed flower came out

I picked the flower off the floor and placed it on a table near me, then I took the letter out of the envelope. 

Dear Simon

Hello Simon, you might be confused as to why I am writing to you. Well, I'm writing this because your Eric sent me a letter saying that you didn't leave your room in a week, not even to eat. I understand that you are mad at me, and or miss me but I will be back when your father marries someone. My original plan was for Evangeline and your father to get married, but unfortunately, they haven't because Evangeline has come with me. But the reason I sent this to you Is that you have to leave that room and eat something, whether it's something big or small I just want you to eat. Please, for me eat something, it could even be cereal. 

I laughed a little while crying because I miss how she used to be here to help me.

But please don't starve yourself.

P.S I hope you're wearing the necklace I gave you. I love you.

I held the necklace close to me not wanting to let go. She said she would be back whenever father gets married. I hope it's soon. I put the letter on the same table I put the flower, I ran up to Eric and gave him the biggest hug ever, I didn't stop saying thank you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

675 words