Part 3 - Apologies

3 hours later
–—•-–—•-–—•-–—•-–—•-
Roses pov
I woke up and Simon was still asleep, he had his arms wrapped around my waist while his head was on my chest.

Mum came in and when she saw me she started smiling. "Well you sure do look comfortable" I quickly looked at her because I didn't know she came in.
——————
Simons pov
When I woke up Rose was stroking my hair it felt nice, I pretended as if I didn't wake up so I heard Rose's conversation with her mom.

"Well you sure look comfortable"
"I didn't want to move he looked so peaceful"
"Are you sure that's why you didn't want to move? Are you lying to me?"
"Well, I'm not lying if that's one of the reasons?"
"What are the other reasons?"
"Well there's only one other reason"
"So what is it?"
"I kind of like him"
"Well I think he likes you"
" Simon liking someone like me? Mum, how could anyone like someone like me?"
"What do you mean someone like you?"
"I mean I'm the nerdy, goody two shoes. And he's a trouble maker, how is he supposed to like me?"

Now was my chance to 'wake' up, I don't want her talking bad about herself. "Good morning, what time is it?" Rose looked down and smiled, god how much I loved her smile. "Simon, it's 4 in the afternoon".

"Really? I thought it was morning? Good afternoon Nanny McPhee. Where are my siblings?" I acted as if I didn't know that they had that conversation and that Rose liked me.

"Well Simon they are outside in the backyard eating lunch"
"Okay thank you, Nanny McPhee"
"Anytime Simon"
"Rose? Are you coming outside with me?"
"I don't know, I still have a lot to do?"
"Please I won't have to be a long time and I will help you with your chores"

She sighed in defeat and said, "I suppose I can go, but you don't have to help me with my chores"
"Nonsense I want to help"
"Fine, you can help"
All I could do was smile she was letting me spend the day with her.

"Alright, then you two the only way you can go outside is if you stop cuddling" We both pulled apart and blush hard, "Will do," Rose said.

I pulled her by her hand to bring her outside, when we got outside I think she forgot she was holding my hand, either that or she didn't mind. After all, I heard her say she liked me, but she doesn't know I know.

"Well you guys look like a great couple," Tora said while smirking. "What do you mean?" Rose asked, "You both are holding each other's hands as your life depends on it, and we saw you guys cuddling when we got up"

"We were cuddling because I asked her to stay"
"Is it because you like her?"
"No why would I like a girl like her?"
I was shocked by my own words because I do like Rose, and she just looked sad and said.
"Yeah why would anyone like me" under her breath, then she let go of my hand and walked away.

"Where are you going?"
"I have chores to do, oh and Simon I won't be needing your help anymore" and with that, she walked away.
——————
Roses pov
I was hurt by his words so instead of going to do my chores I went to my room and cried in the bathroom.

"Rose what's wrong?" I had a feeling the mum would be up here.
"Well mum your theory about Simon liking me was not true a lot all"
"What makes you say that?"
"His words exactly, no why would I like a girl like her. I told you mum there's no point in me liking someone"

She walked into the bathroom and hugged me. "I'm sorry, how about you go to Evangeline and help her out a bit to get your mind off of this" I was speechless so all I could do was nod my head and go down to Evangeline.

"Hey Evangeline, I'm here to help you with the chores"
" Oh Rose you don't have to, go hang out with Simon I think he has a crush on you" she saw as my body tensed up.
"What's wrong Rose do you like him too?"
"Well Evangeline, I like him but he doesn't like me"
"What are you talking about? He so like you"
"No he said it in front of me that he doesn't and he knew I was there, but I have a question for you"
"And what is that question?"
"How are you and Mr. Brown doing?" I said with a smirk on my face. She looked at me shocked and didn't know what to say.

"What's with the shocked face we all know you to like each other, no point in trying to hide it from me"
"Ummm... W-what are y-you talking about?"
"What do you mean what am I talking about? I know you like him and he likes you too, it's the way you look at each other"
——————
Simons pov
"What was that about Simon?! It was clear she likes you. Now she might be rethinking it!?"Tora started telling me
"I-I-I don't know, I wasn't thinking"
" You like her to don't you?" Lily started talking too.

I didn't know what to say I ruined it with the girl I like, what if she hates me after today!? How could I live with myself? "I'm gonna go find Rose and apologize"

I left before anyone could say a thing, I was too busy thinking about what I was gonna say to Rose. When I found her she was talking with Evangeline and it looked like she was crying.

"Evangeline, you have to tell the truth, do you or do you not like Mr. Brown?"
"I do like him but he doesn't like me, it's just like with you and Simon"
"It's always the girls who like someone, the boys wouldn't care at all Evangeline, I may be young but I do pay a lot of attention," she said that with a sigh. I just wanted to run up to her and give her the biggest hug ever.

1059 words