Part 5 - All about cleaning

Simons pov

When we finished I was so tired that I immediately sat down. Rose wasn't even tired instead she went and grabbed a book then sat next to me reading. "How are you not tired, I'm even tired, you're the one that did most of the work"

"Well, Simon when you have been doing this your entire life you'd get used to it. And besides your maids did more work before I got here, and when I leave they are going right back to that"

"I didn't think that the maids did very much" "Simon you do realize that we didn't even do half of the work your maids do in one day. I normally do more work but I didn't want you to over excused yourself, you only did half a chore and washed three dishes, how are you tired?"

"Well when you say it like that it sounds like I did nothing"
"Simon we did five chores all together, that's like 1/8 of what the maids do?!"

I looked at her with disbelief, I had nothing to say. she just laughed then patted her lap signalling me to put my head down, I put my head on her lap and she started to read her book out loud. With her free hand, I took it and held it with both my hands. She looked down at me and smiled then continued to read, I loved this moment so much I didn't want it to end, but of course, I eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up I was still on Rose's lap and she was stocking my hair while reading her book. "How long have you been reading that book?" she looked at me smiling and said. "I fell asleep then woke up five minutes ago then started reading again"
"Well, that explains why you're reading? I guess? So have my sibling woke up, why is it still dark out?"

She laughed at me "Simon it's 2 am, I don't even know how you woke you" I started whisper yelling "It's 2 am?! And you're reading now?!" she still had a calm voice and looked like she was trying not to laugh. "Just so you know I always read when I can't sleep, if you would like I could lay down?"

"Do you want to cuddle?" I asked nervously while rubbing the back of my neck. "Of course, you don't have to be so nervous"
"Oh thank god, I thought you were gonna reject me like a lot of people do because I'm some sort of 'Troublemaker' sorry". She laughed a bit more then put her head on my chest and her arms around my waist and after that, we both started to drift off to sleep.
-–—•-–—•-–—•-–—•-–—•-–—•-–—•
The Next Day

"Good Morni- Well looks like you guys have made up," Tora said to me when she got downstairs "Yes Tora we have now please don't ruin it, I don't want her waking up"
"Too late for that I'm already up, you both talk loud. Did you know that?" That made me laugh. I looked down at my hands, I didn't even notice that Rose and I were holding hands. When I looked up all of my siblings were looking up and smirking.

"What are you guys thinking? And from what father told us staring is rude"
"Since when did you listen to father?!" Eric asked "Never I just thought that it would be fun telling you guys something I heard him say"

"Wait so you are telling me that none of you guys have ever listened to a parent or an adult?! Oh thank god me and my mum are here".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

615 words