Part 11 - Mrs. Selma Quickly

After that day I waited and waited and waited, for Rose to get here. Father brought some lady named Mrs. Selma Quickly home so we could meet her. (Picture shown above) None of us liked her because father only just met her and she didn't want any of us, of course, father didn't know that. I wrote back to Rose telling her that I miss her and I love her too, what I liked is that we would both send a letter every Friday so we could keep conversations up. "Simon, father is marring Mrs. Quickly" Crissy came up telling me while she was out of breath. "What do you mean father is marrying Mrs. Quickly?! Does everyone else know? Why is he marrying her?!" She just nodded her head. After that, I ran down to father asking him why he was marrying her, "Father you can't seriously be marrying her" "Simon, this has nothing to do with you, whether you like it or not I'm marrying her, and you don't get an option she will become your mother. Plus then you could see Rose again." How did he know Rose was going to be coming back? "How do you know that Rose would be coming when I never told you?".

Before he could answer Tora came in saying that I have a letter. I was confused because never get letters unless they are from Rose, but it couldn't be from Rose because it was a Wednesday, I was so confused. "Alright then, where is it so I could grab it?" "It's in the living room." I nodded and went to the living room and grabbed the envelope that was sitting on the table. The envelope said to Simon, from Rose. I wondered why she was writing to me. I opened the letter and saw another set of pressed flowers. This time they were purple.

 This time they were purple

Dear Simon

I know you may be wondering why I'm writing to you, well I'm writing this because Great Aunt Adelaide Stitch has chosen to give me to another family that is also a lot farther from you. The family I'm going to is still close to yours so I will be attending the wedding. I just don't know if I will be able to write to you every Friday because of the distance. I hope you understand. 

Sincerely, Rose 

I read that, and I started to cry, everyone came in and asked why I was crying. "Rose is l-leaving to another family that is farther away." they all looked at me shocked because of that. "What do you mean she's leaving for another family?!" Tora yelled. I ran up to her and hugged her because we were both crying about Rose being gone. Everyone else came into the hug until we heard a knock at the door. "I'll get it," father said, as he was opening the door Great Aunt Adelaide Stitch stood there with a sad expression. "Welcome come in, is everything alright?" she looked at me and said sorry. I was confused because I had never heard her say sorry before, she was always so mean and strict. "Has something happened?" she looked at me and said, "Simon, Rose got into an accident on her way to her new family and is in the hospital and needs a lot of medical attention, they are afraid she might not make it, I cared a lot for that girl, " she said crying, I was too shocked to even do anything. All of my siblings were looking at me hoping I was okay, but how could I be okay, the love of my life is dying and I'm not even there to help her. "Can we go to the hospital to see if she's okay? please." "Of course we can Simon, everyone get your shoes and coats, then head outside." father said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roses pov

I woke up in a hospital and remembered what had happened, I was in one of the worst accidents to have happened. The doctor came in and to check on me, he saw that I was awake and started asking me questions. I was getting overwhelmed with all of the questions that I ended up passing out. But it didn't feel like that, I was still able to hear everyone and feel when people touch me but, I wasn't able to move. Then it hit me, I was in a coma. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

760 words