Part 6 - Beach Lovers

Roses pov

Simon and I got up from the couch and I put the book that I had back to where it belonged. "So do you guys mind telling me why you never listened to your father?"

"We used to listen but ever since our mum died he never had time to spend with us, and he always made us have nannies even if we didn't like them, they treated us like babies. So from there, all he ever cared about was to get himself a nice new wife" Simon started telling me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know"
"It's okay no need to apologize, it's not your fault that he stopped hanging out with us" "Yeah but I know how you feel about your mum dying, at least you have one parent mine both died"
"What are you talking about? I thought Nanny McPhee was your mum?"
"She is the closest thing I have to one and I love her so much but, both my biological parents died because of drug addiction, and I was left all alone on the side of the road by my foster family. And then Nanny McPhee found me and thank god she did I would have been somewhere where it is not fun for little kids" They all looked at me like I was supposed to be pitied.

"I see Rose has trusted you guys, she only ever tells that to people she trusts, and I am also glad I had found Rose there, otherwise I wouldn't have the best daughter in the world" "Awww thanks mum I'm happy I'm with you" "And I'm sure you would be a lot happier when you're with Simon," She said that while smiling so much. Then, when I looked at Simon he was a red as a tomato.
————————
Simons pov
When Nanny McPhee said that Rose only turned light pink, but I turned a bright red, Rose looked back at me and quickly looked away when I saw her looking at me. My siblings and Nanny McPhee smiled at us while we blushed. After the long silence Rose spoke up, "okay, well because it's a nice day how about we all go to the beach?" everyone looked at her and yelled "YYYYEEEESSSSSS". My brothers and I were waiting for the girls to come down, once they were coming down I saw Rose in a nice blue flower dress. (The one shown above), she came down and she met my eyes, Tora snapped me out of my reality and whispered "Stop drooling over her if you don't like her" I glared at her.

Rose and I stayed behind, "So Rose I have a question?" she looked at me as if she was telling me to go on. "Would you ever kiss someone?" I was mentally slapping myself, "I would if I liked the person that much." "Do you like someone that much now" "Simon did I not tell you that I liked you?" "You did"

I was so excited when we ended up getting to the beach. When we got there I took my kite out and started to let it go with the wind. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rose walking up to me with a big smile. "Hey, Simon what are you doing?" "Oh I'm flying a kite would you want to try?" "Oh no I just had to tell you something" "What did you-" I was cut off by her peaking my lips with hers. I could feel my face heat up quickly. "What did you do that for?" "You asked me if I would ever kiss someone I liked and I did. " At this point, I was stuck in place and when I tried to even move my body wouldn't let me.

"Simon are you alright, you haven't moved since I kissed you. Oh no I knew I never should have now I ruined it!" "NO, you didn't I was just shocked you liked me that much, that's all I promise."She looked at me and smiled. I felt my face heat up so much.

"How about we go home and clean up?" Nanny McPhee said. Everyone agreed and we all packed up. Rose was with her mom talking while the rest of the kids were up at the front, when I turned back I saw Rose blushing, I wondered what they were talking about then my mind went to the kiss. My siblings saw me blushing and started to make fun of me for it. "Ohhhh Simon what are you thinking about?" Tora said as she was giggling. "I'm not thinking of anyone, why do you think that?!" "Because Simon you're blushing hard, your face looks like a tomato," Eric said I didn't want to tell them about the kiss, not yet at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

803 words