04

Venus

"Alright class dismissed." I walked outside of the class to go to my locker.

I made a new friend last week. Her name is Kaylee, and she been in Baton Rouge all of her life.

"Aye, shawty. Who you is?" I heard a voice call to me. It was Kaison, the school's quarterback.

He was your average quarterback: Get lots of girls, average grades, popular.

He ran towards me as his blonde locs jumped with his movement and sweat trickling down his abs. I couldn't help but stare.

"I'm Venus," I said while making eye contact.

"You new here?" He asked while wiping his forehead with his towel.

"Yeah," I said.

"We got a pep rally today. You get to see what this dumbass school bout. Imma see you thea, babygirl," he said making me blush.

"Alright. Bye Kaison," I said as he laugh.

"Bye, V."

The hallways cleared out and everyone piled in the gym for the pep rally. I was still in the hallways since I had to complete a survey for Mrs. Peterson.

As I was closing my locker, I felt someone push me to the lockers and pin my arms above my head. They pushed their entire body weight onto me, slamming me harder into the lockers.

"Wha-" I looked up to see Gaulden staring at me with anger in his eyes.

"Why the fuck aren't you in the fucking gym, V?" He asked me as his chest huffed up and down.

"None of your business, bro. Let me go." His grip only got harder.

"Don't fucking play with me, Venus Rose Matthews," he said as he pulled my arms up some more, stretching my torso.

"Gaulden you're hurting me," I strained.

"Don't try to fuck with that nigga, V," he said as I struggled to get from under his grip.

"Mind your business," I said.

"I'm not playing withchu neither, Venus. Kai is a fuck nigga," he said as he pushed onto me some more, my body now completely pressed against the lockers.

"I'm not even trying to do anything with him, Gaulden. Why do you care?" I sighed, giving up.

"Hey, Gaulden and Matthews, in my office. Now!" I heard Principal Smith say.

I sighed in defeat. I hope this won't be on my record.

Kentrell

Me and Venus walked into the office. I had to pull her in here. I've been in here too many times, so I already know what's going on.

"Care to explain what was going on?" Smith asked me.

"Me and her was just playing a game. That's all, Cassandra." Me and her fucked so much, that's probably why my records are so clean.

"Kentrell, we looked on the camera and saw you pinning her up. Was you and Gaulden playing a game, Ms. Matthews?" She asked Venus. I stared her down, making sure she don't fuck up.

"Y-yes ma'am. We were," she said.

"Alright, I'm gonna have to let you guys go. Don't play any more games like that on school property. You understand me?" She looked at me.