12

Venus

"Aye V, lemme talk to you," I heard a familiar voice say as Duke came to pick me up from school.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want with me, Trell?" I asked him.

He's been coming to class late, and when he does come to class, he zones out or just stare.

"Just give me 5 minutes please?" He pleaded. "I'll take you home so I won't waste ya boyfriend's time outchea."

I sighed. I walked to Duke's car.

"Hey," I greeted him with a kiss and he gladly accepted it.

"What it do. Whatchu and him doin?" He asked me.

"He needs to talk to me bout something. Could be a school project or sum," I said. "He said he'll take me home."

"No funny shit," he said. "It's obvious that nigga got sum fa you."

"No he doesn't," I laughed. I glanced back at Kentrell to see him swinging his legs on a bench and looking down.

"Whateva V. Love you," Duke said and have me another kiss.

"Love you too," I said.

I slowly walked over to Trell and he looked up from his phone.

"Make it quick please," I said.

He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean ta hurtchu or nun. I was just tryna flex and shit, and I hurt you and Ben in the process. I hope you can forgive me and shit," he said.

I contemplated about his apology. "Flex for what?"

"You was getting so close to yo nigga, that you stop paying attention to me. I tried a lot a' shit. Even tryna fight Monroe," he dryly laughed. "So that's the only way I can getcho attention."

"A date would've been nice," I shrugged.

"Too late now huh?" He laughed again.

"I accept your apology." I gave him a long hug.

"Thank you," he mumbled into my neck.

"Mmm," I replied back.

"You still fuck wit Kaylee?" He asked me.

"Nah she stopped fuckin wit me," I said.

"That's good. You'on need no fake bitches round you," he said. I stopped in my tracks and mugged him.

"I'm just playin," he said. I smacked my lips and walked ahead.

"Play too much," I mumbled.

"Awww come on V."

Kentrell

Venus and I walked in to my house and she got settled down and started her homework.

"Ya heard Mr. Press got fired for touching on them damn cheerleaders?" I said. She looked up from her homework and her eyes went buck.

"Who you heard this from?" She gasped.

"Around school. But enough a' dat school shit, how you been?" I asked her.

I kept contact with her limited, but I couldn't help it. I started rubbing her arms.

"Don't touch me please," she said. "I have a boyfriend. And you should get back with Jayda."

"Mane shut up, V. You get on my nerves wit allat," I said.

I closed the highlighter in her hands and picked her up. I carried her to the couch.

"Put me down," she kicked and yelled.

I slammed her onto the couch and she started hitting me. I pulled her off of me and started hitting her with a pillow.

"Help me!!" She scream-laughed. She managed to pull me off of her and she hopped on top of me and started playfully punching me.

I felt tiny punches on my leg to see Draco helping Venus.

"Get him best friend," she yelled.

He hopped on top of me and started hitting me with a pillow as Venus pulled me off of the couch.

"You supposed to be on my side," I laughed as his soft punches ended up on my face now.

Kayla came in and started "playfully" slapping Venus.

I immediately pulled them off of each other.

"Ight, get back," I said. Venus had a tight mug on her face.

"Can you take me home, please? I got shit to do," she said.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

• can y'all tell I'm running out of ideas for this book? Drop some things you think should happen.

• I have so many plots for books, but between my education, carrying around this fat ass, and taking care of me and Kentrell's child, it's too much 🤦🏽‍♀️😩😔