11

Kentrell

I really couldn't hold it in anymore. I was truly in love with Venus. I think I'll forever be in love with her.

"Hey Venus. Thank you for meeting me here, baby," I greeted her. She was wearing a sage green dress.

"Of course. What did you need to talk to me about?" She smiled at me.

I took a deep breath and braced myself for her answer.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" I asked her. Her gentle facial expression contorted into a tight mug. Fuck.

"So now what? I deserve you now?" She mumbled. "I thought you wasn't for me."

I blinked slowly. "Ian never said you wasn't for me. I spoke my truth. You did that to me before."

"So we even?" She smirked.

"What you think?" I mugged her. For someone so perfect, she can be slow at times.

"I think you should pick me up at 7." She rose up and exited the park bench.

"Make it 7:30!" I yelled back to her.

Venus

"You think this dress too slutty, Naj?" I asked her as she twisted Ben's hair.

"Uh uh," Ben said as Naj pulled his eyelids up. "It's Yb."

Naja popped him on his shoulder. "You look beautiful as always."

"Not really," KD said as he was sprawled out in my clothes. On my couch.

I scoffed and pulled my dress on my shoulders some more. It was a vanilla colored dress with long sleeves, a spilt down the cleavage area, and it showed my back pretty well.

I laced up my heels as I heard a knock on the door.

I walked to the door and opened it. Kentrell entered in and handed me a bouquet of flowers.

"You ready to go?" He grabbed me by the hand and guided me out the door.

After a 30 minute drive, we pulled up to an expensive restaurant.

"This our first stop for the night," he sighed. "You ready?"

I nodded my head in response. He hopped out of the car and opened my door for me.

"Thank you," I smiled. He chuckled and guided me to the restaurant door.

"This is a very expensive restaurant built in 1747," Kentrell stated.

"Look at you," I laughed. "How'd you know?"

"I did my research," he laughed. "Let's go."

He opened the door as I strutted through. I was greeted with a large golden waterfall in the middle of the restaurant.

"Table for two; Kentrell Gaulden," He told the host.

He guided us to a round table with a white tablecloth and a golden Cherub center peice.

"This is beautiful. How'd you find out about this place?" I asked him in awe.

"I have my ways," he winked at me, making me shake my head. "You look really perfect tonight,V."

"Thank you. You look amazing as well." He reaches his hand across the table as latched it with mines. His eyes locked with mines, as it shined with adoration.

"I'm your waiter Avon for tonight. What would you guys like tonight?" He came up to us and said.

"Good evening. We would both like the shrimp Alfredo and some wine," Kentrell smiled and handed the menu to him.

"How ya day been, Venus?" He grabbed my hand again.

"It's been good, how bout yours?" I answered him.

His eyebrows went in real hard. "Ion need no one sentence answer. Start from when you woke up."

"You've been acting different lately. You seem to care more," I told him truthfully.

Good morning texts, random gifts and pop ups, listening. He has never done those things for me before.

"I never stopped caring. We just grew apart," he sighed.

"Yeah that's true," I said. A sad expression sat on his face.

"Can I ask you sum, V?" He mumbled to which I squeezed his hand. "You see yaself fuckin wit another nigga after Duke?"

I thought long and hard on his question. Duke put me through a lot, but I was in love with him.

"Depends on who it is," I said.

"Whatchu mean by that?" He said while a smirk played on his face.

"If I get with the one who has my heart, there's no way I see myself splitting up with him," I said.

He pulled his bottom lip into his mouth. "Whoever got that heart of yours is lucky."

"You are," I said. He laughed and let go of my hand.

"You got a airhead,baby. You speak then you think," he said. I looked at him confusingly.

Avon brought out our meal and I immediately started eating.

After our night filled up with small talk and somewhat deep talk, I finally made it home.

"I think I'm drunk off wine, V," Kentrell slurred as he stepped onto my porch.

"You has half a glass," I said while laughing.

He straightened up and held both my hands. "Thank you, V. I had a nice night."

"You made it nice, Gaulden. I appreciate that," I said. He tilted his head and dragged his tongue on his lips.

"Can I use your restroom?" He asked me. I nodded and guided him into my house.

"On your left." He walked into the bathroom.

I slipped off my heels and limped into my bedroom. It's a shame cute heels hurt like this.

I walked in to see rose petals on my bed in the shape of a heart. I stared shockingly at the amounts of gifts on it.

"Kent-". He was on one knee.

"Venus I don't want to lose you again. Ian askin you to be my wife yet, I just want you to be mines. I love you," he said as his eyes started watering.

"I would love to be yours." He hopped up and showered me in kisses.

"Thank you, Venus. I love you so much," he smiled.

Our lips collided for the first time in forever, and I truly felt on top of the world. He wrapped his hands around my neck as the kiss deepened.

To be continued...

•teared up a little writing this. hello.