06

Jayda

"You hungry?" Gaulden asked me while we were entering the gym. It was the first game of the season and he wanted to support Tyler, Babyjoe's brother.

"I just want candy." We walked to the concession stand.

"Ian know you worked back here, V," he said to Venus.

"Yea, it's for extra credit," she laughed.

"Whatchu want, Jayda?" He asked me.

"Some starburst and a Powerade," I mumbled.

"When you gon finish this shit? I want you in the stands with me, V," Gaulden said making me scoff.

"Uhhh. What do you mean by that?" She asked.

"Look just hand me my candy." I was starting to get annoyed with her.

"Alright," she mumbled. "3.50."

He handed her a 5 and walked ahead of me.

"Why you gotta act like that, Jayda? She not doing shit," he said.

"Cause I seen the way she look at you. That's how I look at you," I mumbled. He already cheated on me. I wouldn't want him to cheat on me again, let alone with someone like her.

"She wear glasses, you can hardly tell who she lookin at," he said making me laugh. "I love you, let's watch the game."

Kentrell •3+ weeks later•

It was finally fall, and I decided to take Venus to the Carnival.

"Come on, V." She trotted outside her house in a brown flannel with a black crop top and jeans. She had on a clean pair of forces.

"Hey, Kentrell. Is this alright?" She asked me as she entered the car.

"Yeah. You still ugly," I said making her scoff. "Put yo seatbelt on."

We made it to the Fairgrounds and she immediately got out.

"Slow down, guh." I gripped her by the waist. "We got to get a wristband first."

We got in the fair and met up with Ben.

"Waddup, V," he greeted her. She was staring at a 2 big bears hanging on the basketball game.

"Hello," she said sweetly.

"I'm surprised you ain't bring Jayda nasty ass in hea," He said making me mug him.

"Don't speak on my guh," I said.

"Which one? Venus of Jayda?" He said. I looked at Venus and she looked at me.

"Jayda. She out of town for the month of October," I said.

"Gaulden get me them bears," Venus said while pulling me to the basketball.

"Ight, chill V."

"Step right up, 3 shots and 3 shots only," the game worker said. I got a basketball.