2

Kentrell

It's been 3 hours and Dej is still pressing me bout her getting a job.

"Bae, I gotchu. Why you want a job?" I asked her.

"Cause," she replied, " I don't wanna live off of a nigga forever."

"You not living off of a regular nigga, you living off of your nigga," I mugged her.

"Ok," she mumbled and turned her back to me.

I had to sweet talk her for a minute. "How bout dis, tomma, we walk around and see can you find a job you like? Hmm?"

"Yeah," she laughed. "Thank you."

I kissed her goodnight and walked downstairs to see Ben and Boomer laid out on my couch.

"What y'all call y'all selves doing here at 10 pm?" I asked them.

"Coolin," Boomer replied.

"I saw ya lover today," Ben snickered. It was obvious he was high as hell.

"Nigga don't start. Who y'all talm bout anyway?" I asked him as he passed the blunt.

"Mercury, nigga," he said making Big B bust out laughing.

"Fuck both a' y'all, mane." I marched back upstairs to sleep.

"Babyyy, we been to 4 different stores. I'm just bout to give up," Dej whined.

We've been at this job search all morning, and she still ain't got one.

I sighed. "Let's just go around the shops one more time, then we'll see tomma, ok?"

She grumbled. "I guess."

'Now Hiring.' We entered a shop with a gold and brown theme to it. It was very quiet in the shop, except for the bell ring as soon as we enter and some cluttering in the backroom.

"I think this is a hair salon," Dej gasped.

"You know how to do hair and shit?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I used to do some of it," she smiled.

I nodded and rang the bell on the front desk.

"Man ain't shit goin on in hea," I said and rubbed my arms. "It's cold as a bitch."

"Yeah whoever run this shop must like the winter," Dej replied making me smirk a little.

"Yeah," I murmured.

"And maybe that's why the sign was out there. Cause they don't have that many people walking in. So that means I get paid more," she said.

I ranged the bell again. "Aye can we get sum service outchea?"

The cluttering in the back room stopped. Small footsteps became closer and closer to us until a brown skin girl met us.

"Sorry," she smiled while fixing her glasses. "How may I help you?"

I smiled delicately at Venus. She has hardly changed since I've seen her last. Her smile is still kind of crooked, not that noticeable, but I've seen her beautiful smile long enough to know that it isn't perfect. I love it like that, though. And her braces are off.

She still has glasses. The same black pair with a slight crack in the left lens. Her eyes are still the same color as fall. The orange and red in her eyes are more noticeable though, so her eyes appear to be the color of honey.

Her cheeks still display an orange tone to it. They are no longer as chubby, though. She looks older, more mature.

She's really living up to her name: beautiful.