6

Author

Venus got the pie out of the oven and set in on the table to cool down.

Duke was supposed to be here two hours ago. Venus baked a pie to calm him down when she tells him about the restraining order.

In walks an obviously drunk Duke. In one hand he held an empty vodka bottle, and the other hand was balled up.

"Christian, I need you to come have a seat," She said to him.

He walked to the kitchen clumsily and sat down.

"I'm done with you. You are not the man I met, so therefore, I don't want anything to do with you," Venus explained to him.

He snorted loudly. "Is this a joke? I'm never gonna be done with you."

"Hm," She replied back sarcastically, almost as if she thought he was dumb. "I kinda knew you were gonna oppose to it. So that's why I have a restraining order against you. Set in 2 more hours. So in 2 hours, you'll be a stranger."

His facial expression softened a little. "What? What am I supposed to do without you, Venus?"

"I don't know, Duke. That's for you to think of. But I have pie, so don't be sad," She said to him.

He sighed and walked to the kitchen counter by the pie. Venus and Duke were now inches apart and she could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"This hurts me a lot, V," he said with a heavy breath. "Very much."

She rolled my eyes at him. "How sad. Have yo shit packed within the next 10 minutes."

She turned my back to him to walk upstairs. His heavy footsteps inch closer to her, making the hairs stand up on her neck.

On the back of her head, Venus felt contact with the vodka bottle. She collapsed on the floor, making her jaw hit the ground.

He then climbed his drunk body on top of Venus and started slapping her. His heavy hands connected to her eye, making it throb of pain.

He elbowed her in the nose, making blood spout out. She coughed up several of her own teeth.

"I'm leaving on my own," he said while kicking me in my stomach. "Fuck you for real, V."

Venus rose up with the little strength she had left. "Fuck you too, Duke."

She bitterly spat out the blood, pleased that he had finally left her.

She walked to the heart shaped mirror in the living room. She smiled victoriously, as she was now free.

'More pie for me I guess,' she thought as she limped to the kitchen counter to have the blueberry pie she baked.

Venus grabbed a fork from the drawer and began eating the pie.

All of the memories and emotions let out of her body and mind as she ate the pie.

Duke rushed downstairs with three bags in his hands. "Don't call me once you realized I'm your soulmate."

She laughed bitterly at him. "Hurry up and get the fuck out of my house, Duke."

Author

"Alright, see you soon." Dej kisses Kentrell on his cheek.

"I'll pick you up after work and then dropped you off at ya ma's house, Dejanique," He said to her.

"Thank you," she replied.