[duets]

'All right, let's, uh, let's gather round. Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with principal figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie.' Mr.Shue sighed.

'It really was just a matter of time.' Tina blurted.

'What did he do?' Quinn asked playing with her necklace.

'He drove his moms Volvo through the front of a convenience store, and drove off with the ATM.' Mr. Shue told, right after that everyone started laughing.

'And- and when is he getting out?' Rachel asked clearly being concerned.

Mr. Shue replied. 'Unknown.'

'He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me.' Brittany laughed.

'Guys! Let's have some sympathy.' Mr. Shue raised his voice.

'For a guy who put his needs before the teams? We need his voice, and his bad-boy stage presence.' Finn explained.

'We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity.' Mr. Shue stated.

'For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?' Quinn annoyingly asked.

'For welcoming our new member...Sam Evans!' Mr. Shue exclaimed.

Just as Sam walked into the room, I quickly straightened my arched back and plastered a big smile on my face, I didn't think he'd actually try out again.

'Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. Sam...I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham.' Sam said as he was enjoying introducing himself.

'Oh, wow. He has no game' Santana told Brittany nodding her head leaving the room quiet.

I quickly covered my mouth that was plastered in a big smile. That was a good entrance...very good one...best one if I may add...wow...wait no what am I even saying?

'Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam.' Finn walked up to Sam shaking his hand.

'Oh, good.' Sam replied. He look terrified.

'Sam, you sit right there. Next to Allaire' Finn spoke pointing to my direction. As Sam was walking towards the seat next to me i was nodding no to Finn, over and over again.
'I'm gonna kill you.' I mouthed.
making Finn grin and sit down back in his original spot.
Once Sam sat down, I could feel myself freeze as if I was sitting down next to a stranger. To not make it awkward, I turned to him and gave him a smile which he returned back.

'All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?' Mr. Shue started this weeks lesson.

'A blanket.' Brittany answered. Once again making Finn nod and smile.

'A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people...' Mr. Shue explained as his voice was muffled in my head when I heard Mercedes and Kurt talking to one another but couldn't bare to comprehend what they were whispering about in my head.

'And that is what duets are all about. So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seemed to love our little "defying gravity" diva-off, I'm making this a competition.' Mr. Shue announced.

'What's the winner get?' Mike asked.

'Dinner for two, on me...at breadstix.' He declared.
Everyone instantly gasped and started cheering, already planning their songs for this week.

••••

Kurt dragged me across the entire hallway until we made it to Sam's locker which he had been at.