[new york]

Finally, it was time for Nationals, Ive been dreading it all week mainly because I was a nervous wreck

Finally, it was time for Nationals, Ive been dreading it all week mainly because I was a nervous wreck. What if I messed up the choreography or a note? Also because that would mean needing to be next door to Sam. Didn't really look forward to that.

The flight to New York was normal, I sat next to Kurt and Santana, they made it fun. What wasn't fun was seeing Sam and Mercedes sit next to each other, while flirting the entire way there. Other than that, it was pretty normal.

'Hamburgers?!' I exclaimed staring at multiple white box's mike was holding trying to balance them all.

'Duh, we're in Times Square. Also...mind helping me?' He asked signaling for help.

'Oh yeah, sorry.' I chuckled grabbing some boxes from his pile, setting them down on the red steps we were all sitting on.

Mike also set them down letting out a big sigh. 'That was a workout.'

Immediately everybody opened random boxes and grabbed their hamburgers soon sitting down as well.

'A year and a half ago, the new directions were nothing but a group of six misfits, stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat." Kurt chuckled holding his hamburger. 'Now here we are, at the top of the show choir heap: Nationals!' he exclaimed.

'I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on.' Tina raised her shoulders earning a genuine smile from mike.

'I want to throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge.' Puck spat.

'You guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write.' Finn interjected giving a look of uncertainty.

'Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants.' Kurt mocked. 'But I think we might have some time for a tune before we leave.' he smiled, beginning to sing.

♪ Start spreading the news ♪

♪ I'm leaving today ♪

♪ I want to be a part of it ♪

♪ New York, New York...♪

'Guys, I have news.' Rachel exhaled interrupting our cappella. 'To celebrate our impending win at Nationals, I got us all 14 tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever, Cats!' She beamed holding up tickets.

'Whoo!' Brittany whooped.

'Yeah, you did!'

'You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because Cats closed about 11 years ago.' Quinn spoke making Rachel relook at the tickets she held.

'He did seem crazy.' She nodded. 'He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt-crack.' she shrugged.

••••••••••••••••••••