Chapter two

Jaylen-

"Pops can you pick me up on your lunch break? I don't want to be here anymore."

"Keem, can I take my lunch early?" I heard the doors chime.

"Pops I said on your lunch break."

"Well I'm coming now. What's wrong? why you want to leave?"

"I don't know. I just don't want to be here." I said truthfully. I don't want to be in this school anymore. "Alright then. I'm on my way, do you have your house key?"

"No I left it at home by an accident."

"You'll have to come to work with us then. Your dad is working too. "I don't want to be home alone anyways." I mumbled.

I missed Delilah. She left off to college when she graduated high school and now I barely even talk to her. Every time I try to call she saids that she's busy and she'll call me later. I know she doesn't mean to brush me off like that but I feel like my sister is forgetting about me. Or maybe I'm tricking myself to think that. I don't even know anymore.

I remember when she left. I cried like a baby at the airport on pops shoulder. The crying didn't stop. I cried for a month straight. Dad warned me that Delilah would be leaving but it didn't get to me until she actually left. Delilah had been planning on going to a school with Kyle but I never thought she'd actually go through with it.

"I'm coming to check you out now." He hung up the phone.
————

"I'm getting so old! Look at you Jaylen." Mr. Keem said as he looked up at me. I chuckled looking off to the side a little.

"How old are you now?"

"Seventeen."

"Damn...I'm getting real old."

"Hi Jaylen!" Ureli said coming from the back room. I did a small wave."Why aren't you in school? Is Umir in school?"

"Nope we start tomorrow." Umir said coming from the back. Ureli is twelve now and Umir is sixteen. Ureli takes after her mother. She looks just like Aunt Tanya while Umir looks identical to Uncle Vonte.

"Uncle Siah..."

Pops huffed turning around to face his nephew. "What do you want Umir?"

"I can't just say hi to my favorite uncle?"

"Umir, what do you want?"

"May I please have some of those?" He pointed to the chips that were next to Pops plate. Pops huffed and handed them to the begging boy. "You hungry? Did you eat lunch?" He turned to me.

"No I didn't, but I'm not hungry yet. I'll eat later."

"No you won't, come on we going to get something to eat. I'm on lunch break." Dad said getting up from the computer desk, dangling his car keys. "Dad I'm not hungry." He didn't listen as he walked past me. "You have five seconds and if you're not outside you're grounded."

That's didn't make sense but I followed anyways.

"What do you want to eat?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I got in the car. "Jaylen."

"I don't know dad,"

"If I get to the end of this street and you still don't know..." He said trailed off as he strayed driving. I thought about for a while trying to think of what I wanted.

"Jaylen." He said stopping at the stop sign. I had to tell him so he could know what direction to go in.

"Uh...pizza?"