Chapter Seven

Lovely-

"I don't want to go,"

I laid back on my bed closing my eyes. My step mom was trying to make me go to her mothers house with her and my father knowing that half of her family is extremely homophobic.

"Get up, you're fucking going."

I squinted my eyes looking up at her as she hovered over my bed.

"I'm sorry." I found myself apologizing as I got up off of the bed walking to my closet. She stayed there for a while watching my every move as she shook her head.

"Hurry up."

I nodded my head biting my lip as I started to hurry and look for something to wear. Something that wouldn't make her want to come in my room and pick out an outfit for me. I hated when she did that.

Dad walked into my room slightly knocking on the door just as I placed my clothes on the dresser. 

"Yes?"

"You want to come with us to Isley parents house? We're going for dinner."

"Do I have a choice? Your wife is making me go." I mumbled.

"Oh."

"Yeah. Okay bye."

Those are our daily conversations. Awkward and boring. Ever since he married Mrs. Isley that's how our conversations went. My dad knows I'm pan. I came out to him when I was sixteen. He didn't really care. He then told my step mom and she didn't like it which made her dislike me. Not that she liked me before...she just liked me a little less than she had before.

Kyle on the other hand. When he found out, he didn't really care. Even if he did I wouldn't care. We aren't really close or anything.

"Bailey!" Mrs. Isley yelled up the stairs.

I snatched my clothes off the bed and started to change from my normal comfortable clothes to appropriate clothes.

Walking down the stairs I saw Mrs. Isley and my dad standing at the front door waiting for me. Mrs. Isley was slightly tapping her foot impatiently as my dad rubbed her back.

Before I could even get to the last step Mrs. Isley yanked the door open mumbling stuff under her breath as my dad shushed her. It's not my fault that they told me last minute.

On the car ride there Mrs. Isley wouldn't stop talking.

"You got that? Bailey don't embarrass us."

I didn't hear anything she said before that. We pulled into the driveway and Mrs. Isley mother and father -Selene and Michael- immediately came out the house. Walking to the car as fast as they could they held up their hand smiling.

The knocked on the window making dad roll it down.

"Hey son in law and my favorite daughter." Selene said. She looked in the backseat seeing me and decided not to say anything. I bit my lip before waving and smiling anyways as she rolled her eyes.

"Hi y'all," Michael said. He then peeked into the backseat and nodded a bit acknowledging my presence. I gave him a tight lipped smile.

"We didn't cook anything, we thought it would be nice if we went out for dinner instead."

"Uhm, sure that's fine." Dad said. "Where do you want to eat?" Mrs. Isley asked.

"Olive Garden ?" Michael suggested.

They all agreed and we started to drive our separate cars. Arriving there we all sat down. Mrs. Isley and Dad was on one side. Michael and Selene sat on the opposite side and I sat on the opposite end. I had to pull a chair up. I got a good view of the whole place. All the happy couples, friends, and families.