Chapter fifteen

Bailey-

"Look at your neck I know a girl didn't do it! You're disgusting." Mrs. Isley yelled while she roughly tilted my neck to the side. My dad just stood there next to her trying to calm her down. I haven't even been in the house for more than ten minutes and she already wants me gone.

I looked down as Mrs. Isley continued to yell. This caused her to scream more. "Boy, you look at me when I'm talking to you!" She pushed my dad away now standing right in front of me.

I immediately looked up not wanting to cause anymore trouble. I hadn't meant to cause trouble in the first place. If I knew all of this would have happened just because I'm not straight, I would've never came out at all.

I could only take in a little at a time and the yelling every day is actually getting to me. I'm constantly doing something wrong even when I try my best. My dad makes everything worst. All he does is rubs her back. Calm down, he did nothing wrong. Is what he whispers in her ear knowing she won't calm down.

"Did you her me?!" She screamed. I moved back a little bit. She was too close and I didn't like it. I looked over to my father. He shrugged his shoulders with a sorry look in his face. This is the stuff I'm talking about. It's not like he's going to die if he pulls her away.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Isley, May you repeat that?"

She huffed and stood back up to her normal height. "I don't want you over there with Jaylen and his gay fathers. It's disgusting and- actually I want you to get some help. I feel as though this is a misunderstanding." She looked over my dad who just nodded.

That seems like the only things he's good at now.

"A misunderstanding?" I asked. I'm now scared. She's talking normal, she's not in my personal space. What is she going to say? I know if she really wanted me to stop seeing Jaylen, she could. I don't want to stop seeing him though. And we finally made it official. Justus actually accepted it, not that I thought he wouldn't, but I saw him actually give a genuine smile.

I loved that family. If I can't see Jaylen, that also means I can't see Messiah and Justus. They became like my own two dads. They constantly ask me if I want food. They offer to drive me to and from school. They call and check up when I'm not there.

They treated me like a son and that's all I wanted. They welcomed me with open arms. Not once have the ever looked at me less than anyone else and all I was, was their sons friend.

"I want you to go to a camp. To get some help."

My heart dropped. I immediately shook my head no. I didn't want to go. It could be for days, months, years. I didn't want to leave.

"I have school." I was hoping that would get them to realize that's not a good idea. "I can't stay out of school, they might hold me back for this."

"They won't. I talked to the camp and school. For a student that needs help, they won't hold it against them. Besides you're a straight A student, Bailey."

"But, I...Jaylen-"

"Don't say that faggots name in my house hold, you're going. End of story." Mrs. Isley interrupted me. For the first time I actually felt like crying. I've never gave Mrs. Isley the full satisfaction of me crying because of her. I'm just tired. Tired of being here. Tired of being constantly yelled at. Tired of being told what I like is wrong. Maybe if I go, I can come back out better. Have a better life, be more accepted in my own family.

What about Jaylen?

Not everything Is about Jaylen though. I can make my own decisions, but I don't want to leave him. I love him. I actually found a friend who didn't always tell me to shut up when I'm telling stories or just talking in general. I'm actually in my first relationship.

"Okay. I'll go."

Mrs. Isley immediately clapped her hands and smiled. The first smile she gave me that wasn't fake. I remember when she used to act sweet in front of my dad. Her fake smiles. I've always wanted a real one. So I used to work for them. She never gave me a genuine smile. Not matter how hard I worked for it. I never seen it.  Today was the first time.

"Start packing your bags then. We'll get you there as soon as possible. You don't have to worry about your dog or anything we'll take care of that. Give me your phone. You can't take it with you and I refuse for you to get sent back over something so silly." She sounded so happy. If this what I had to do to be treated normal, I've would've done it a long time ago.

I nodded and handed it over. I never even texted Jaylen that I got in the house okay. He's going to start calling or texting any minute now. Not that I'll see it. Mrs. Isley walked out of the room leaving me and my dad in the awkward silence.

"You can see Jaylen before you leave, Bailey."

"I don't want to. I don't want him knowing anything." I feel as if I'll regret this later, but right now I feel fine. "Bailey if you don't want to go, you don't have to."

I knew that was a lie. I did have to. If right now I said I don't want to go. Dad wouldn't back me up, he would turn and agree with Mrs. Isley the second she walks in the room. My dad says different stuff in private. "You don't have to, but I think it would be best. I'm tired of arguing with her every night-"

"Then leave her." I suggested shrugging my shoulders. He looked stuck. "I don't want to leave her, she's the best thing that have ever came into my life." He looked me dead in my eyes. Almost as if he was challenging me. As if he was saying she was above me.

"Okay. That's all you had to say, Dad. Please get out so I can pack in peace."