Chapter five

Third person POV-

Jaylen ran to open the door after he had got a text from Lovely saying that he was outside.

"Stop running in my damn house." Justus yelled making Jaylen stop in his tracks and slow down. Messiah sucked his teeth. "J, his friend is at the door leave him alone."

Jaylen continued to fast walk until he was face to face with the door. When he opened it there stood a awkward looking Lovely.

"Hi," Lovely said smiling up at the taller boy. At times Jaylen forgot that Bailey was an entire year older than him.

"Hi," Jaylen said back though he wasn't smiling.

"Uhm- do I say hi to your parents before we leave or..?"

Jaylen quickly shook his head no. He wasn't embarrassed of his dads. He's never had been. In fact if he had the confidence he would brag about them. Jaylen just didn't want Justus to meet Lovely just yet. Messiah on the other hand he wouldn't mind.

"Hi, I'm Bailey. Well my first name is Lovely but it doesn't matter."

Jaylen raised an eyebrow wondering why Lovely was introducing himself again.

Messiah chuckled looking down at the boy. "Hi, I'm Jaylen's pops or Messiah it doesn't matter." Messiah mocked the boy. Jaylen looked behind him seeing only Messiah making him sigh of relief.

"He's in the shower no worries." Messiah said patting his sons head. He had indeed did it. He did small braids in Jaylen's hair because he kept begging. Messiah had been putting off doing his hair for a while. Messiah always does Jaylen's hair. He was even the one who bleached it.

Bailey was confused about who they were talking about but he didn't want to be nosy. "Wow, you're tall too!"

Messiah smiled nodding his head. 

"I hope my son hasn't been getting you into trouble," Messiah joked with the boy.

"Not yet."

Messiah looked over at his son who haven't said a word so far. He noticed him admiring the small boy, not taking his eyes off of him once. Messiah's smile grew wider. Jaylen has a crush. Though Jaylen didn't know it Messiah did.

"You two should head off for school, you might be late. You don't want a ride?"

Both boys shook their heads no as they turned around.

"Be safe!" Messiah yelled to the both of them.

"Will do." Jaylen said as he adjusted his book bag on his shoulder.
———

"Do you know that car?" Jaylen asked as he noticed the matte black car that have been following them for five minutes now.

Bailey shook his head even though he had an idea of who the person might be.

The car sped up and stopped a couple feet in front of us rolling down the window. Jaylen automatically remembered him from the house that Umir brought him to. He was one of the boys older brother. He was way older than them. Probably about 23 if you went off of his looks.

"Aye lil' nigga," he yelled out from the car. Jaylen automatically looked down at Bailey because he was the little one.

"Not him, you dumbass." He yelled again. For some reason the guy was mad and Bailey looked scared as he tried to pull Jaylen's arm making them turn the opposite way and maybe walk back to Jaylen's house.

"Nah, stay where y'all at. You know what you doing wrong Baby, you're supposed to be my bitch instead you're walking around with some lanky nigga," He said getting out of his car.