Chapter fourteen

Third person POV-

Jaylen and Lovely are sitting in a comfortable silence. It's been three days since Delilah came home and it's been the best three days of Jaylen's life. He was sticking to Delilah basically following her everywhere in the house.

Delilah didn't mind. She missed her little brother. She had also realized how Jaylen actually talked just a bit more. She still had her suspicions about Bailey's and Jaylen's "friendship" but she never commented on it since the first time she did.

"When does Delilah go home?"

Jaylen shrugged his shoulders not wanting to think about when Delilah goes home. He hoped that she would leave around the time Messiah gets back, but he knew that was a stretch especially since she had to go to school and everything.

"Jaylen?"

"Hm?"

"May I ask something?"

Jaylen shrugged his shoulders giving Bailey the green light. Bailey hesitated before he got the words out of his mouth. "Where's...Messiah?" Jaylen heavily sighed before he turned on his side, away from Bailey. He didn't want to talk about it so Bailey instantly dropped it. He didn't want Jaylen getting mad at him.

The room got quiet again, this time it was a little intense, but still not uncomfortable. The new puppy moved around on the bed to find a new comfortable and warm spot. Jaylen ended up naming the dog Bear because that was the first thing that came to his mind and it actually fit the dog a little bit.

While Jaylen was starring in awe at the dog, Bailey was giving himself a quiet pep talk.

You got it Bailey, it's Jaylen he won't be mean. Just say it and if goes bad then leave. He told himself. He nodded his head then turned towards Jaylen.

Jaylen unexpectedly looked at Bailey making him more nervous than he was before, but Bailey wasn't going to back out.

"Uhm, Jaylen have you ever thought about dating...anyone?" Jaylen thought for a while before shrugging his shoulders. "Not really, no."

Bailey then said something lowly and Jaylen didn't hear it.

"Repeat that."

Bailey nervously sighed, at this point he was nervously stuttering over the words he couldn't get out. Jaylen didn't understand where the shyness was coming from. He then fully turned around so he was facing Bailey making it harder for him to speak.

"I said do you want to t-try?"

Jaylen thought about it for a bit before shrugging his shoulders. "I haven't really met anyone I would like to be with." Jaylen answered oblivious to what Bailey was implying. Bailey ran his hands down his face and sighed loudly. He was about to just say forget it and move on, but he couldn't bring himself too.

"No, I mean like, we could try..."

"Try what?"

Is he really going to make me spell it out? Bailey huffed to himself. "Dating, I mean I like you...you have to like me at least a little bit, right?" Bailey started to pick at his fingers, then he found the wall interesting. He looked at everything, but Jaylen.