Chapter three

Warning- short chapter.

Lovely-

I looked up admiring the quiet beauty in front of me. We have been friends for about a month now and he still never talks to me. He'd let out a few words from time to time but never full sentences.

I sighed making him look up at me and raise an eyebrow.

"I'm bored, Jaylen."

We are at a park. We walked here after school. When we got to the park he was looking around with an amused face and when I asked him why he didn't say anything.

"This is where my parents met."

I could've sworn a small smile appeared on his face and even if it did he dropped hit right after but I wouldn't comment on it because he's actually talking to me.

"Are they together?"

He nodded his head.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked. He nodded his head. I waited for him to say a brother or sister but it didn't look like he got the message.

"A brother or a sister?"

"Sister, her name is Delilah." I smiled again at the fact that he said a full sentence once again.

"She goes to our school to?"

"No, she's 20 in college." He paused for a second looking over at me. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Siblings? Parents?"

"Uh, I have a step brother named Kyle, he's off to college whenever he comes to visit I'm never home, my dad and his mom are married. My real mom is off somewhere enjoying her life."

He nodded his head starring down at me making me shift uncomfortably, but I wasn't uncomfortable Jaylen just had a vibe to make anyone feel comfortable.

"What about your parents? How long have they been together?"

"For seventeen years. Married for eleven."
———

"You can sit anywhere you want," I said as I shut my room door. Jaylen awkwardly stood in a corner of my room looking around. I grabbed his hand and pushed him down on my bed so he would sit.

"Why are you acting so shy, it's only me Jaylen." I teased as I sat next to him.

After we got tired of sitting in the heat outside I suggested we go our separate ways but Jaylen didn't want to. Well he didn't tell me that he just stayed in his spot shaking his head no. So I suggested we go here and that's when he got up.

"Your hair is so long," I hesitantly reached out to touch his hair. It's long and curly. A little patch of it was bleached blonde. He never took the effort to do his hair. Every time I saw him his messy hair was everywhere, especially covering his eyes.

"Why do you always cover your eyes?"

He shrugged his shoulders, I don't even know if he was fully listening to me. He had his eyes closed as I played with his hair occasionally wrapping my finger around a loose curl.

"My pops usually did my hair and my dad always wanted to cut it. I ended up growing it out but I don't know how to do it myself."

I was confused by him saying his dad and pops but I was more focused on him. This was his longest sentence.

"You should let me do your hair one day."

He shrugged his shoulders once again. One day his shoulders are going to fall off.

He slowly laid himself back on my lap for a more comfortable position as I continued to play in his hair. My heart felt like it was going to burst as I looked down at the tall, calm, and beautiful boy. His eyes closed shut as he relaxed. His legs half way dangled off the bed that was a perfect size for me but too small for him.

"Do your parents know where you are?"

Yet again, he shrugged. I huffed, continuing to play in his hair. I took in his features. He has long curly hair, natural pouty lips, a slightly button nose. His eyes are brown but in the sunlight they get a bit lighter. He has a nice body too and soft brow skin.

I noticed a piece of fuzz ball in his hair so I decide to take it out, like anyone else would do. I tried to take it out softly but it didn't work. I pulled his hair a little harder. His eyes bolted open as he let out a groan. My mouth dropped as I looked down at Jaylen. He turned his head still laying in my lap ignoring what just happened.

"I'm sorry?"

He shrugged his shoulders. I bit my lip trying to forget the sound that he made but that was going to be forever burned in my mind.

"Did- you just-"

"Don't speak about it." He interrupted me.

"Okay."