Chapter one. (Ya'll, I aint even gonna try to make chapter titles.)

"I vant impartial security." 

Every head in the conference hall turned to look at the headmistress of Beauxbatons. 

"Pardon?" The mediator asked. 
"If my students are to go to Britain, I vant impartial security at the proceedings." 

"Nonsense. Our Aurors are top notch-" Minister Fudge stammered, only to be cut off by Igor Karkaroff, head of Durmstrang.

"The same Aurors who let Sirius Black escape last year?" 

Fudge had nothing with any substance to that. 

"The situation was handled." Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts assured. "Black is no longer in the country." 

"Evan vorst." Maxine declared. "France has better security and we share a border with eleven other land countries. Britain has one." 

"She has a point." Karkaroff added.

"Why impartial though?" Someone asked, an underling who really should have kept his mouth shut. 

"If not, then whatever country provided security would have an unfair advantage." 

"Then security from each country." Fudge offered, trying to compromise.

"Non. That could be even worse, no communication and rivalries." 

"I know someone." A minister said. She was the leader of Magical Switzerland and host for this meeting. With her dark red hair and green eyes, she reminded Albus of Lily Potter a bit.

"Who?" 

"The Kidemonas." 

Loud arguments broke out, and bargains were struck until the multinational council finally came to an agreement. 

In exchange for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang's cooperation in Fudge's attempt to bring Britain back into good standing, the Kidemonas would be hired to guard Hogwarts grounds and serve as backup protection for the crowds and champions. They would start the day before the rival schools arrive, providing in route protection to and from Hogwarts before pulling out themselves the day after. 

Albus Dumbledore wasn't so sure about having murderous non-humans so close to his students but perhaps their presence would inspire Harry. 

They were said to do anything to protect the innocent, including giving their lives. After all, they worshipped the god Perseus, God of Loyalty and Harry was nothing if not firmly loyal to the light.

Dumbledore had taken care to make sure the last Potter would never turn against him. Even if some of those methods weren't strictly legal. 

Now, how to get around them and arrange for a fourth Champion to be called?