Chapter two. I hate all of you

Annabeth Chase was over three thousand years old and still the stupidity of wizards amazed her. 

"So let me get this straight." She said, studying the pudgy man before her. "You want the Kidemonas, the Guard, the organization of warriors who nearly wiped your species off the map when you tried to declare superiority and authority over us, and you come to us in an official capacity for the first time in nearly four hundred years to ask us to play security guard to a pissing match between three high schools?" 

The Minister stammered, seemingly surprised the Kidemonas didn't immediately leap at the chance to work for wizards. 

The stern-faced woman sitting next to and a little behind the Minister of Magic smiled, but it was more of a I think it's ridiculous too kind of smile, rather than one of amusement. "Yes, ma'am." She said, seemingly enjoying that someone else agreed with her on how stupid the request sounded. "The other two schools refused to cooperate unless a competent, neutral party was agreed upon." 

Annabeth turned her attention to the stern looking witch next to the Minister and was pleased to see that the woman met her masked gaze head on. "And you would be?" 

"Amelia Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I was chosen to accompany the Minister after you declared that government business demands government officials and kicked Lord Malfoy out." 

"Ah, the blonde from yesterday." Annabeth said. "Three thousand years and aristocrats still have sticks up their asses. Now, you. I've decided I like you. Which means we'll take the job." 

Amelia nodded and bowed. "Thank you, Lady Kidemonas." She turned to look at Fudge who was whimpering as one of the other Guardians in the room glared at him with red eyes and a bloodthirsty aura. 

The third guardian had green eyes and was smaller than the second, and his body language screamed of amusement. He hadn't said a word the entire meeting but something in Amelia's gut told her that the person behind the mask was the most dangerous person she had ever met and she had fought in the last war. 

"We will send a squad to Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and the rest will be stationed at Hogwarts. The payment will be paid half now, half after the tournament is over. We will require a private, invitation only area to set up camp, with permission to deal with trespassers according to their intent. I must protect my people." 

"Understood. Again, thank you." 

"I look forward to working with you." 
Amelia glanced at Fudge, who had apparently passed out and pulled out her wand from her holster.

The red eyed guardian tensed, hand moving to her spear faster then Amelia could see but she did nothing as Amelia levitated the Minister from the tent.

Once they were gone and a scout confirmed that there were only guardians in the camp, the three leaders relaxed.  

All three removed their masks and moved their chairs to an easy circle, Annabeth resting her elbows on her knees. "Someone is playing puppet master." She said, 

"Ha. That much is obvious." Clarrisse, who had made Fudge faint from staring at him too hard, said. "Gods, they come in here after all the shit they tried back in the 1600's and aren't surprised that we actually accepted to work for them not only long term but in a capacity that puts us in direct contact with the public. Are they that stupid or in denial?"

"It is a very nice check, paid in goblin certified gold." Annabeth cut in. 

"So why did you agree?" The green eyed boy asked. "You aren't one to take contracts for the money."

"I want to see what's brewing. Lily's sacrifice was enough to end the war last time before it truly spilt into the mortal world. I refuse to let our sister's death be in vain."

"Is that why you gave Jazz and her siblings tickets to that wizard championship?" The green eyed boy asked. 

Annabeth nodded. "Jazz will see what's up. It’s not her first time in the Wizarding world." 

"And if something is brewing?" Clarisse asked, a bloodthirsty grin on her face. 

"Then we step in." The green eyed boy answered. "Contract or not, I will not have a repeat of the 70's." 

"Yes, my lord!" The Guardians said. 

"Please don't call me that."