Chapter 6

"The Griffins have dehoused him. They claim Gryffindor is no place for a liar." Yasmin said, sitting down next to the three leaders and lead spies, the Samhain celebrations dying down around them in the early hours of the morning, petting Chaos the wolf dog behind the ears. 

"Actually they call themselves Lions, not Griffins." 

Yasmin made a face. "Why?"

"A rather harsh punishment." Annabeth mused, taking a bite of her spanakopita and getting the conversation back on track. "There must be more than that." 

"I heard rumors that he was accused of being Slytherin's heir and petrifying people two years ago." Travis added. 

"He mentioned that." Jazz said.

"But he killed the drakon." Clarrise protested, watching a ghost swirl around the fire. "I saw the scars." 

"There is a fang mark with the right  scarring on his arm." Will agreed. "Based on the size, around 20 feet long, maybe bigger." 

"And signs of Phoenix tears in his aura there." Jazz added. "Pretty much the only way for a wizard to survive that venom." 

"Interesting." Annabeth mused. "I suppose a secret battle under the school in a place no one can ever return there would invite rumors as to what actually happened. All it would take is one person saying Harry ordered the drakon to stop killing instead of the truth and you would have shimmering dissension.  Even if authority pushed the official version, gossip is insidious. The goblet simply pushed people over the edge. If it wasn't now, it would have been soon." 

They fell silent for a moment before looking at the boy sitting in the middle, a sphere of water in his hands, showing the image of Harry Potter tossing and turning in his sleep. 

He waved his hand and golden mist fell on the globe, image Harry taking a deep breath and falling into a more peaceful rest, his real counterpart mirroring him a moment later. 

"I want him." 

"Yes, my lord." 

------------
Harry hadn't gotten to sleep until after midnight, having to cast silencing spells when the Kidemonas party hit its climax at midnight. 

He had then been run out of bed by Jazz, who shoved coffee into his hands, transfigured his robes into muggle clothes and dragged him to a tent with an Asclepius staff on the side. 

Inside, Will was waiting for him, and before Harry knew what was happening, he was being examined and read off a list of bones that had never healed, a case of malnutrition and…

"Tracking spells?" 

"Yup. Eight of them. Ask Jazz to get them off. She's head Mage after all. What I want to know is who the fuck let you run around with all these improperly healed fractures and malnutrition. Who's your family healer?" 

"I, uh, don't have one. Not that I know of." 

Will paused, before taking a deep, calming breath. "Have you ever seen a magical healer?" 

"Just Madam Pomfrey." 

The pen in Will's hand snapped before he took another calming breath. "Hire a family healer. I’ll get you a list of good ones. See them every six months. I would prefer every month but you're only 14. No way are you going willingly that often. And get your damn vaccinations! Jazz!" 

"Yeah?" Jazz asked, sticking her head in. 

"I fixed what I could. Clarrise left a note this morning. She wants him on the field." 

"Oh schist, kid. You're gonna die." An assistant in the back said as Jazz grabbed Harry and pulled him from the tent. 

"Jay." Will said, eyes not moving from where Harry had been a moment ago. "Send word to my husband that I found a Phylactery in a 14 year old wizard." 

"Oh, schist."