Chapter 7

"Okay, wimp. It's as simple as this. You need training or you're gonna die. Schist is about to go down in the wizarding world and your pansy ass is smack in the middle of it." Clarrise said. 

"I'm aware my odds and overall life are shit, thank you." Harry deadpanned, which made Clarrisse's eyes light up with the challenge.

"If you want to survive, I suggest you take advantage of the warriors around you. Each of us may impart some bit of wisdom or skill that may save your life. However, as you are not Kidemonas, it is up to you to find a teacher and convince them to mentor you. Come back if you ever want some hand to hand lessons."

Jazz pulled Harry away after that, sitting him down for breakfast. 

"Look, Harry. It's kinda our job to protect people, especially kids who other people have forced into bad situations." The mage said, handing a plate of eggs and bacon over to the young wizard. 

"Thanks Jazz." Harry grinned. "Were… were there Kidemonas at the World Cup?" 

"Yeah. Me and some of my mages went to see the Irish kick ass. Ended up fighting a bunch of death eaters. We killed a few but they got away." 

"One of you saved me. You pulled me behind a shield and it deflected the killing curse." 

"Well, that wasn't me. I think Jamie mentioned saving an idiot wizard who ran the wrong direction and knocked himself out on his chest plate but I could be wrong." 

Harry blushed and Jazz laughed.

------------------
He had to go back. He always had to go back. Didn't matter what Hell called itself, Dursley's or Hogwarts, it was all the same. 

His dodging skills got a workout as he ducked and weaved during the 15 minutes between the classes, avoiding spellfire from the students, Slytherin and Gryffindor finally agreeing on something, and that something was Harry needed to end up in the hospital wing. 

The teachers weren't much better, Snape being as vicious as he usually was but with a newfound side of glee.

Harry however, had completely forgotten he had a guard until a goblet was taken from his hand by a guardian, appearing out of nowhere. "Dilitirio. Poisoned." 

"Oh. Thank you."

"Learn the right smell." The guardian said haltingly. "Save life." And then he was gone before Harry could thank him again. 

Harry wondered if this was how Sirius felt in Azkaban, knowing he was innocent but having everyone believe differently. 

After classes were over,  Harry stripped off his black robes that no longer bore the Gryffindor crest, and the scarf that had turned grey and black, and ran for the forbidden forest. 

A sentry was in a tree, very obviously there to be seen, while Harry's seeker sharp eyes spotted leaves and trees moving as if an invisible weight pressed on them all around him. 

They didn't stop him though and Jazz was waiting at the boundary when he arrived and he crossed into Guardian territory. 

And in a move the Wizards really should have seen coming, he didn't look back. 

---------------
Harry decided he really hated reporters the day of the weighing of the wands, his hatred only outmatched by the sheer your language cannot adequately describe how few fucks I give vibe the Kidemonas in the room gave off, strictly ignoring everyone but their charges. 

Rita Skeeter was practically straight up threatening to ruin them if one of the Guardians didn't give her an interview but her camera man was obviously unnerved by the bronze masks and deadpan stares. 

Harry vowed to start working on his I don't give a shit face. It's powers were beyond magic.