26 | unpredictable whore

| Alessia |

"Fucking whore," Leandro muttered as he walked past me

"Fucking whore," Leandro muttered as he walked past me. I wanted to react but knew he would have much more to say later.

"Am I tripping, or did he just said what I think he said because if he did-" While Jasmine continued to curse him, I walked with her to the entrance of the school.

"Are we really going in there?" she asked in surprise, knowing I was a person who runs away from things.

"You are." I opened the door for her. "This exam is like half our grade," I reminded her.

Unlike me, she had dreams and plans for the future. She wanted to be a surgeon and worked really hard for it, something I admired.

After she left, I turned around and noticed Pietro still standing in the same place as before, with a concentrated look on his face.

I walked slowly towards him, knowing that he was the opposite of Leandro and more relaxed.

"You're not going in there?"

"No."

He walked to the other side of the car and got into the driver's seat. "Get in."

At some point, we stopped in front of a diner, and I was relieved, as food was my way to cope.

After we sat down and ordered, I tried to fill that silence between us, but he was dismissive and only nodded now and then.

"Was that a one-night thing?" he asked, staring me down. The way he looked at me proved that he was way angrier than I had suspected.

"No." I put the straw in my drink. "We were together for three months."

"Were?"

"We broke up on Friday," I answered honestly. I decided to be honest from now on, as lying wouldn't help me anymore.

"Are you angry at me too?" I asked the obvious.

"I'm fucking pissed, Alessia," he started. "And I have every right to be pissed."

"I know, and I'm sorry for Jason and this picture and-"

"Fuck the picture, do you even know what's bothering me?" I shook my head slowly, wondering what else I could have done.

"I covered you each time and each time you fucking lied to me," he reminded me.

He was right. When I didn't want Jackson to accompany me out, I asked him to cover for me, and every time he asked where I was going, I flat out lied to him.