31 | packages

| Alessia |

I was pulled back into life by a fashionable force that came in the form of my best friend

This morning, Jasmine walked into my room and dragged me out of my misery. We snuck past Jackson and went shopping, which helped me clear my mind.

Finding out Henry was married occupied my thoughts more than I would ever admit, especially to myself.

After we finished, I took my bags home but sneaked out again as I knew that once I'd lay down, I would never get up again.

I called Antonio and asked him to meet me at a café, where I was waiting for him at the moment. I had been seeing him all week, but I wanted to remind him that I wasn't just the miserable person sitting in her darkroom wearing nothing but sweatpants.

While waiting for him, I ordered a drink, which I finished in a few seconds. I took my bag from the table and made my way to the toilet but didn't make it far as my leg started aching again. There was a bench in the corridor where I sat down to wait for it to pass.

At some point, I heard a noise coming in my direction. I didn't think much of it and kept my eyes closed, but the sound stopped right next to me.

I looked to my left, and my gaze fell on a man who sat in a wheelchair and wore black sunglasses. Half of his face, as well as his arms and neck, were burnt.

He slowly took off his sunglasses, but I had to look twice to recognize the person next to me.

"Jason?"

4 Months Ago

Alessandro and his brothers stood in the basement of their warehouse.

A few doors away, Jason was hanging on the wall, having already received a fair amount of torture, but the brothers took a break to discuss how to proceed.

Each of them had a wicked idea, but Pietro made it most obvious with his wicked smile. "What's next?"

"We have the rat," Rafael recalled his favourite torture method. He didn't have to put much effort into it, solely fire up a bucket and listen to one rat inflicting agony on another.

"Cutting it, obviously." Leandro examined the extensive collection of knives, as well as the axe collection.

"Obviously," Pietro agreed.

"You have a free hand in what you do with him, but we won't kill him."

The brothers turned to Alessandro and looked at him in confusion. Leandro then just made a dismissive hand gesture, indicating that he didn't take what Alessandro said seriously.

"I'm serious."

"But why?" Pietro knew that Alessandro always thought ahead.