34 | new acquaintances

| Alessia |

"You realize we're both going to be on the other side of the world, right? It won't be fifteen minutes like now

"You realize we're both going to be on the other side of the world, right? It won't be fifteen minutes like now."

I was at Jasmine's, in her wardrobe, to be precise. She asked me to help her pack her bags, and I wasn't sure I was much help, but I would never miss a chance to go through her wardrobe- it was enormous.

"Take this with you," I said, tossing her a dress with a floral pattern.

"You always have to charge your phone," I reminded her. She was more the kind of person who, when her phone ran out of battery, would reach for her laptop and use it instead of bothering to get up and charge it.

"You need to stay far away from the water," she advised me, referring to my earlier attempts at swimming, which had all gone downhill.

The summer holidays were around the corner; I was leaving for Sicily tonight. Part of me was nervous about meeting the rest of Ricardo's family and seeing Arcangelo again, but revisiting Italy was the first thing I wanted when I got my freedom back.

"Try lowering your age limit a bit," I suggested. I totally understood that she liked older guys, but while I thought she was talking about five years or something like that, she was talking about something completely different.

"Try not to die," she retorted, referring to all my hospital stays.

"And don't get locked up somewhere," we both said to each other at the same time and then started laughing.

"I'm serious," she said after we calmed down.

"I'm serious too."

Jasmine had an eating disorder, anorexia nervosa, to be exact. She told me about it a few weeks ago after I left the facility. In the past, she was also in a facility and had been hospitalized several times, even against her will.

At some point, I started to notice her always paying attention to her diet and what she ate, but I thought it was because she was so disciplined and failed to put one and one together. However, she is on a better path at the moment.

I was the first to give in. "I promise."

"Whatever, I promise too.

"What else are you going to do before you leave?" she asked me.

"I'm going to see Antonio afterwards," I said, but when I saw her raising her eyebrows and sensing a comment about to come from her side, I quickly added. "To ask him when he's coming to Italy."

"And you're going to him because phones are-" she kept inquiring.

I gave her a look that told her she was right with was she was implying. "Because it's more appropriate," I retorted.

She raised her hands in surrender. "I'm not even saying anything. And so far, I would only have positive things to say."

"You? Positive things?" I asked, shocked. I remembered that the first time I mentioned Jason's name, she hated him with a passion and Antonio, whom she had only met once, she found likeable. On the other hand, if I had listened to her then, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble, so her agreement meant a lot to me.