29 | domenico

| Alessia |

3 months later

3 months later

It was not the end of April but the end of May when I left the facility. After my emotional breakdown and a medical test exposing the fact that I tried drugs after losing a bet to Caleb, the doctors thought it would be best to extend my stay by another month and take away my visiting rights for the last two weeks.

I wouldn't miss this place, but I have to admit that it will take some time to get used to normal life again.

After my suitcase was packed, I left the room without looking back. Jackson took my suitcase from my hand and walked out in front of me, but I had to do something first.

"I'll be there in a minute," I informed him and ran up the stairs before he could stop me.

I entered the room in which I had probably spent more time than in my assigned room. The room was no longer full of dust like the first time I entered it, as I had to clean it because the dust always made me sneeze.

Caleb was sitting on a chair doing something on his computer as usual. Since he didn't notice me, I quietly crept up to him and turned his spinning chair around.

He was bipolar and had a drug problem. I once saw him inhale the same white powder as Pietro, and when I asked him why he said it relieves pain. So I tried it too, but as I said, it didn't end well for me.

He took his headphones off. "You're leaving?"

I nodded. "Don't even think about making it emotional." He stood up and pushed me towards the door I walked through not long before. "Bye."

"At least a hug?"

He rolled his eyes, and I hugged him, but he just slapped my back painfully, causing me to laugh.

"If you ever come to New York, visit me."

"You bet I will." I'd told him about all the shit that had happened in my life since mine and Henry's paths diverged, and he just found it all amusing.

Since he didn't enjoy long goodbyes, I smiled at him and opened the door, but before I closed it, I remembered something else.

"They don't deserve you calling them your parents."

"If that." I pointed around me. "Is reason enough for them not to come back to you they don't deserve that title."

After he told me about the parents who leave their children behind because of something like that, I put one and one together and realised that he was also in such a situation.