Season 1 - Part 1

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or Marvel Comics so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

It's been a month since Luz bonded with Venom.

They made sure to keep Venom a secret, even from Camila.

Luz also spent the entire month learning how to use the symbiote's powers such as super strength, speed, reflexes, tendrils, etc.

Venom even told Luz about her weakness to fire and loud noises.

Just a few days ago, Luz got in trouble for bringing snakes to school for her book report on The Good Witch Azura.

It was decided that she'd be sent to a Reality Check Summer Camp as she waited for the bus to arrive.

Camila: Now don't worry, summer camp is only going to be for three months. You'll be so busy balancing checkbooks, appreciating public radio, the time will fly by.

Luz: But I don't like any of that stuff. I like editing anime clips to music and reading fantasy books with convoluted backstories.

Camila: Mija, your fantasy world is holding you back. Do you have any friends? Real ones, not imagined or drawn or reptilian?

Venom: 'Hmph!'

She says telepathically.

Camila: Summer camp is a chance for you to make friends, but you have to try. Can you do that?

Venom: 'Why do we have to go to this summer camp? We can do whatever we want! We should get rid of her.'

Luz: Yes, mom.

She says, putting her Good Witch Azura book in the trash can.

Camila: Okay. I gotta go to work now.

She says before giving her kisses on cheek.

Camila: Your bus is coming soon. Text me when you get there.

She then says goodbye to her daughter in spanish before heading out to work.

Luz waved her goodbye until she was out of sight.

Venom then forms a head coming out of Luz's shoulders.

Venom: You're angry at her.

Luz: Not her, you.

Venom: Me?

Luz: Yeah. You can't just say stuff like that, Venom. She's my mom.

Venom: What does "mom" mean, anyway?

Luz: It means she brought me into this world.

Venom: So . . . you're her spawn?

Luz couldn't help but laugh at the symbiote.

Luz: Yeah, in a way. But it also means that she took care of me and made sure I was safe and happy.

Venom: Hmm, that's very different from how things are done on my world. But okay. I won't say things like that about her.

Luz was about to take her book out of the trash can but noticed it was gone.

She then looked to see a tiny owl holding a sack in it's mouth with the book in said sack. The tiny owl then proceeded to hop away.

Luz: Tiny trash thief!

Venom: Give us the book!

They yelled as they ran after the tiny owl into the forest. Luz stopped upon seeing an old, abandoned house up ahead.