Season 2 - Part 9

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or Marvel Comics so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

We begin with Hunter in his room knitting a cape for himself with a new sigil on it as Flapjack is perched on his shoulder, chirping in his ear.

Hunter: Yeah, it does look good as new.

He said, the new sigil on his cape being badly made as his golden symbiote, named Phage, forms a head out of his shoulder giving Hunter a "you serious?" look.

Hunter: Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Phage: Obviously.

Hunter: I doubt you can do any better.

He says before he heard a knock at his door, opening it to see a guard, handing the teen a letter from Belos himself, telling Hunter that he will be busy for the day and that he wants the teen to take charge of the Coven Heads for the day. As well as to consider it a test.

Hunter couldn't help but grin while Phage looks at the letter with contempt.

Phage: Great. We get to babysit some old geezers.

Hunter: We're not babysitting. You read the emperor's letter, he wants us to lead the coven heads for the day.

Phage: Why today? What could he be occupied with now when he hasn't needed anyone to cover for him since the day he took you in?

Hunter: Well, he's the emperor. Duty calls. Now let's go.

He says, getting dressed in his golden guard uniform and wearing his new cape as he walks down the hall to see most of the coven heads exiting the throne room.

Hunter: Great. You're all here. We can get started on-

He was cut off the by coven heads pushing past the teen.

Hunter: Wha?! Hey! Wait a minute! Come back here!

He yelled, only to be ignored by them.

Phage then shoots out several golden tendrils, snaring all the coven heads as he lifts them off the floor.

Hunter: Thanks, partner. Now then, I'm assuming you haven't realized that the emperor's left me in charge for the day?

He says, only to hear the door open once more as heads of the abomination and beast keeping covens, Darius and Eberwolf, exited the throne room.

Darius: You? In charge of the coven heads? There's a first.

Hunter: Excuse me?

Darius: Just because you're the emperor's nephew doesn't mean you will get special treatment from everyone else. We've decided to reschedule the recruitment meeting. So why don't you be a good little prince by releasing the others and go play arts and crafts or whatever it is you do.

He says, angering Hunter as his emotions made Phage release the other coven heads.

Hunter: The emperor. Has left me. In charge.

He says sternly only for Darius to use abomination magic to take his cape.

Darius: This is impressively bad. Wait. Is this the old Golden Guard sigil?

He asks before Hunter extends his hand out, a golden tendril reaching out and retrieving the cape back into Hunter's hands.

Hunter: Of course it is. Also, don't ever do that again.

Darius: Or else what?

He asks before Phage forms a head from Hunter's shoulder.

Phage: Or else I'll bite your face off. That's what.