Chapter 18

I led Tiana through the hallways.  She skipped excitedly along side me.  As we arrived at the door, the guard bowed before us.  Tiana smiled and waved at him as I gave a small smile.

"Rhea, what if my mom isn't here?" Tiana said and looked up at me.

"I'm sure she will be," I said confidently and a bit worriedly as the guard opened the door for us.

Everyone stopped and starred at us.  I felt heat rise to my cheeks, Tiana had the same blush on her face.  She grabbed my hand for comfort as we walked down the large room.  My father stood up with a large smile on his face as we neared him.

Tiana bowed before the king, and I did the same.  A small throne was placed beside my chair.  My father motioned for us to sit.  Everyone clapped lightly with large grins on their faces.

"The girls mother should be here," my father whispered to me.

"That's good...  She must be worried to death," I shook my head lightly, and turned my attention to the guests.  A group of around twelve angels were dancing around.

They twirled in the air to beat of the band.  Moving up and down they remained on time with each other.  I smiled as they spun down to the ground, and quickly picked themselves up again.

The door suddenly opened and Warner strode in.  He made his way to me with a large grin.

"May I dance with your daughter your highness?" He turned to my father and bowed.

"I suppose," Father grinned. 

Tiana giggled as Warner bowed once more and took my hand.  Standing up I allowed myself to be led to the floor.  The band began to play a slow lovely tune.  Couples fled to the floor and danced around us.

I wrapped my arms around Warner's neck as he wrapped his around my waist.  I looked into the handsome blue eyes starring back at me.  He led the dance and we glided around.

"I'm glad I've gotten to dance with you this time," he whispered into my ear and sent chills down my spine.

"M-me to," I smiled.

I suddenly felt a bump at my back.  Craning my neck I found Talia dancing with Hunter.  Talia and I giggled as Warner danced us away.  Hunter gave us a mischievous grin.

Warner led me to the front of a large window where we stopped.  He smiled and took both of my hands in his.  Then with out warning he got down on one knee and opened a small box with a diamond ring in it.  I gasped and he gave me a wink.  Everyone in the room went silent.

"Princess Rhea of Bangkok, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" He smiled broadly.

"Of course!" I wrapped my arms around him as he stood up.  The whole room clapped.  My father and Tiana smiled.

The door suddenly burst open.  A woman in rags with messy brown hair, and ragged black wings stepped in.  Warner pressed me to his chest protectively, as the woman stomped towards my father and Tiana.

"Tiana!" She screamed. 

"M-mom?" Tiana said frightened.  I gasped, 'that's Tiana's mom?' I tensed.

"Your coming with me!  I'll teach you a lesson with my whip," she spat and grabbed Tiana's arm.  I could see the woman digging her nails into Tiana's skin.

Without even thinking I rushed toward the woman and seized her hand.  The woman growled at me and then a wave of realization crossed her face.  Her eyes shuttered with fear.