Chapter 8

Anaya POV:

Stepping outside I shivered as the cool breeze swept across my body. Wrapping my arms around my body, I turned back to face Caden. I was still trying to wrap my mind around what had happened in the washroom a few minutes earlier. The thought alone made me blush furiously.

"Um... I can call an uber or take a cab home. I don't want to trouble you... Your friends must be waiting," I mumbled looking around for any sign of a cab nearby.

"As I said, I'm dropping you home." The finality in his voice left no room for further discussion. Nodding slightly, I followed behind him as he walked to where he was parked.

Thankfully, he stopped beside a slick black sports car and not his motorcycle. I was not planning on getting on that death trap... especially with the skirt I currently had on. Shivering slightly, I waited for Caden to unlock the door so that I could get inside, away from the cold.

Jumping in once the door was unlocked; I rubbed my palms together trying to get some heat through them.

"Thought you'd at least be smart enough to dress appropriately in this weather," Frowning, I turned my body towards him and scowled.

"What's wrong with my clothes?" Yeah, I shouldn't have asked that.

Caden took that as an opportunity to trail his eyes over my body, starting at my face, he trailed lower down my neck, taking in my heaving chest and dragging his gaze over my thighs where my skirt had risen up exposing more skin. Allowing his gaze to trail a path of fire all the way to my heeled boots, Caden looked back up meeting my eye. His eyes were dark as night and the tightening of his jaw had me clenching my thighs tightly together.

Why was I feeling this way?

"Nothing... Dress warmer next time you're going out at night." With that Caden put his car on drive and pulled out of the parking space.

With one hand on the wheel, Caden left his other hand on the gear, a little away from my thigh. Knotting my fingers together on my lap, I fiddled with the ring on my finger looking out the window.

"Wanna tell me your address or should I guess princess?" Flushing, I gave him the directions to my place and sat looking outside trying to ignore the fact that his fingers were only inches away from me.

God, what was wrong with me!?

Instead of focusing on Caden, I focused on the soft music that was playing in the background. Singing along to the lyrics softly, I drummed my fingers on my thigh. Though I could feel Caden's burning gaze on the side of my face, I didn't turn around to face him. No matter how much I prided in myself for having control, with Caden it was different. All my control and common sense goes out the window the moment his dark eyes clashes into me.

At that moment, he controls me... and my body.

And that terrified me.

*******************************************************************

Soon, we were pulling up in front of my house. Only the porch lights were on indicating that no one was home. Brandon was at a party and mum and dad were working the night shift. Hearing the ignition turn off, I turned to face Caden, confused. Taking off his belt, Caden stepped out and came to my side.

Furrowing my brows, I got out fixing my skirt.

"Um what are you doing?" Looking around the dark street, I turned back to where Caden was standing.

"I'm coming in." Not even a question. It was a statement.

Narrowing my eyes, I glared up at Caden.