Chapter 24

************************************************************************

Anaya POV:

Feeling me having gone completely still in his arms, Caden pulled away from me and gazed at me in concern. "Are you okay?" He asked softly.

Was I okay? Hell no.

I was in love with Caden King. Even in my head the idea of it sounded so stupid but I couldn't help it. Over the days Caden had showed me a side of him that no one knew existed. He had opened up to me, showing me exactly the type of man he was underneath this hardened exterior of his and I had fallen for that person.

Looking at him now, as he watched me with his dark eyes, I knew I was in too deep.

"Yeah... I'm okay." I replied, still in daze. My feelings were better off inside me. I wasn't even sure how Caden felt about me. Sure, he called me his – but was he mine?

Giving me a peck on the forehead, he grazed my cheeks softly with his fingers.

"Go out with me tonight?" My eyes snapped up to him so fast, I'm sure I got a whiplash. His eyes locked into mine as he watched me intently. Maybe he read the confusion and uncertainty on my face because his eyes softened.

"I'm not gonna lie, Anaya. I'm not the dates and roses kinda guy. I've always been a fuck and leave type." My eyes fell, the tightness in my chest becoming unbearable as his words registered in my head.

"But I want to be the dates and roses kinda guy – for you." Hope bloomed in me at his words. "I want to be able to give you everything you deserve and so much more, princess. You make me want to be a better version of myself."

If someone had told me a month ago that I would be sitting in Caden King's arm and that he would be asking me out on a date, I would've laughed in their face at a joke well said. But looking at the boy sitting in front of me now, my heart did a flip as his dark eyes swept over my face, waiting for an answer.

Caden wasn't the ideal guy that I had always pictured in my head. I had always expected a picture perfect guy – smart, sweet and loving. Caden might not be perfect in everybody else's eyes, but to me- he was. All his imperfections made him who he really is – human. Before anything else, we are all human and everyone is bound to make mistakes. No one is perfect. Our mistakes don't define us. It molds us and shapes us to become better, to learn from those said mistakes.

"I'd love to go out with you." I whispered softly, flushing slightly. Caden's eyes lit up as he smirked down at me.

"Perfect..." He said, flashing me his pearly whites making my heart flutter.

***

After school, I told Caden that I would hitch a ride from Stacey to which he had just kissed me breathless and reminded me of our 'date' that he would pick me for at 7 pm.