Chapter 13

Anaya POV:

By the time I woke up, I knew Caden was gone and judging by the cold feel of the mattress beside me, he must've left quite early. Touching the place where Caden had slept last night, a smile graced my lips as the events of last night flashed in my head.

I had slept with Caden...

Literally. Not metaphorically.

He had held me. I was aware when he had pulled me into his arms at night just as I had fallen into a deep slumber. But I was too far gone to pull away, not that I had wanted to. Being in his arms made me feel safe. 

Still smiling like a dork, I managed to pull myself out of bed and stretch my limbs. Given that it was just a little before 7 am I decided to do a bit of yoga before getting ready for school. Quickly changing into a pair of yoga pants and sports bra, I started with my stretching. I had started doing yoga stretches at a very young age and it was because of that, I was very flexible.

After finishing yoga and shower I quickly put on a black top with spaghetti straps and paired it with dark blue jeans. Pulling out a white jacket from my closet, I shrugged it on to finish off my outfit. Quickly braiding my hair into a fishtail, I did my usual makeup before picking up my white vans off the floor and making my way out of my room.

I could hear my parents moving around in the kitchen

I could hear my parents moving around in the kitchen. Rounding the corner, I smiled seeing my father sitting in his usual spot sipping on his coffee and my mother moving around in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

Seeing me come in, dad put away the newspaper he was reading and flashed me a smile, "Morning hunny. Sleep well?"

Smiling brightly, I made my way towards him and pecked his cheek. "Yes daddy. Morning."

I sat down beside dad at the dining table after pecking mamma on the cheek and greeting her. Filling a plate with pancakes and berries, mamma placed it in front of me, gesturing for me to start eating. She knew how I usually skipped breakfast and she never failed to lecture me about the importance of having the first meal of the day and she took the task of making sure I had breakfast every chance she got. 

Rolling my eyes, I dug in and almost moaned at the sweet taste. God, mamma made the best pancakes.

Looking at the time on my phone, I realized that I was running a bit late. Shoving the last few bites of pancake in my mouth, I ran out of the house after bidding bye to my parents. They would be working again tonight which sucked but at least I had spent time with them this morning.

By the time I arrived at school, there was only five minutes to first period. Looking around, I tried to spot Caden in the parking lot but unfortunately, he was nowhere in sight. Frowning slightly, I made my way inside towards the lockers.

Maybe he was inside.

I don't even know why I was looking for him. Caden King was slowly making his way inside my heart and no matter how much I tried to stick to the plan and steer clear of him, our paths always seemed to clash. Caden was still being haunted by his past and he wasn't letting himself move on from that. And until he did that, he will continue being hurt and hurting those around him.