3) a strange request

Arjun and Tanvi descended the stairs of their family home, their footsteps echoing in the spacious foyer. The anticipation in the air was palpable as they made their way to the living room, where their aunt, a curious expression etched on her face, awaited an explanation for their sudden appearance. A quick exchange of glances between Arjun and Tanvi conveyed an unspoken message, prompting their aunt to forgo her inquiry and move on.

Soon after, Rishi, Arjun and Tanvi's uncle, emerged from the depths of the house. His warm smile and congenial demeanor put everyone at ease. He directed his attention towards Arjun and said, "Arjun, Lisa is scheduled to arrive at 5 in the evening. Would you be so kind as to pick her up?"

Arjun turned to Tanvi, sensing her displeasure that was evident in her furrowed brows and a pair of angry emojis on her face. He disregarded her visible disapproval and responded to his uncle, "Of course, peddanānna. I'll swing by to collect her on my way back."

With a nod of approval, Rishi retreated into the house, accompanied by his wife. Arjun seized the opportunity to confront Tanvi about her earlier reaction. "Why did you have to make that face, especially in front of them?" he inquired.

"I don't like her, Arj! That's why," Tanvi replied with an air of defiance.

Arjun attempted to reason with her, reminding her of their shared history. "Well, I understand that you don't like her, but remember, we practically grew up with her, and she's older than you."

Still wearing the same disgruntled expression, Tanvi retorted, "I know she's older than me, and I do my best to show her respect, especially for your sake. But can't you see that she's head over heels in love with you?"

Arjun, taken aback, inquired in astonishment, "She is?"

With a resigned sigh, Tanvi confirmed, "Yes, she is! And I also know that if peddamma brings up amma and asks you to marry Lisa Akka, you'll agree because you love ma."

Arjun pondered her words for a moment and then made a promise. "So, that's your concern. Alright, I promise that I will only marry a girl whom you approve of, okay?"

A bright smile finally graced Tanvi's face, conveying her happiness and approval. "Deal," she said, her emojis now radiating joy. 😃😃